In sum: Nice view, but minimum provided for guests. Nice staff, but apparently not empowered to do much for guests.
I told the fellow on the phone that I needed internet access to work on my laptop for a personal retreat. No problem, he said.
1. First thing I see on arrival is that the bed has a very visible hump in the middle and saggy sides (see photos I uploaded). I tell the man at the desk. "Oh, really?" he says, that that's that.
2. Then I notice that the modem is in a corner, 20 feet from the table (you can see it in the photo) — and they give me a 2-foot LAN cable. I mention this, and they find a 7-foot cable. What to do? They tell me I can drive 20 minutes and buy myself a longer one. Not joking.
3. No microwave in room, none in lobby, dining room closed most of day. My bad: I should have noticed, or asked, before booking.
4. Power goes out for whole day (not their fault, of course). I tell the man at the desk I had to buy ice so my food won't spoil. He just looks at me.
5. Power comes back on -- no internet access. I have to walk the desk through contacting mgr, rebooting router. Nothing works. Do they call the provider? Nope. Manager will get around to it next day when she happens to come in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Carmel Bay View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carmel Bay View Hotel Carmel
- Best Western Carmel
- Carmel Best Western