“One of the best B&B on the west coast - we loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea View Inn

Sea View Inn
Ranked #15 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“One of the best B&B on the west coast - we loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

We were so lucky to find this hidden gem!
we booked one day ahead, unaware of the US open, geeez we were lucky to even get a room. Luckily they got a cancellation just prior to my phone call.
anyway, the Sea View Inn was our best experience on the west coast (we travelled the whole coast for 1 month) staff are great, rooms are very romantic and the house itself is charming.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Essex-UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

Arrived at the Sea View Inn and never wanted to leave!
Wow is all we can say, it was a beautiful house, we had one of the top rooms with a sea view.
After being introduced & given keys we were shown to our room, We found they had left us a bottle of champagne, they then kitted us out with plastic wine glasses and the most perfect walking route. After that we had cookies and coffee then came the wine & cheese later that day. They reserved us a table at a fantastic restaurant which we walked to no problem.
The bathroom was brand new and so well done. The towels were gorgeous and thick.
The bed so very comfy. The room was a great size and so clean bright & airy.
Breakfast was the best I had in America, Margo was was lovely and I felt totally at home here.
We booked ourselves on a whale watching trip that they had recommended, well that was totally out of this world, we saw blue wales, dolphins & humpbacks.
We stayed two nights in all and didnt want to leave. On our check out day we managed to get a booked into pebble beach for a round of golf, which as the highlight of my husbands Honeymoon.
Everything about Carmel is plush, yes its expensive but when your there you can see why!
Stay here you have too, i will on our 10th wedding anniversary x

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at the Sea View Inn as part of a three week road trip around West Coast America.

The Inn is nicely located in a peaceful part Carmel - a very short walk to the beach (5-10 minutes) and a bit further to the centre of Carmel. We were greeted warmly on arrival and invited to the wine and cheese hour taking part a little later. The room clean and comfortable and was just as it appeared on their website - Room 9 - at the front of the house, so we could hear the sea. The only slight downside was the shower in the bathroom, which wasn't particularly big or powerful.

The beach at Carmel is certainly beautiful and only a very short walk away. Bear in mind there are no street lights in Carmel so if you are wandering into town at night - be very careful after it drops dark!

Breakfast was OK although not outstanding with a selection of croissants and cereals.

Overall we had a nice stay and would recommend the inn as a stopover in Carmel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

When we arrived at Sea View Inn, my husband was initially disappointed. We had just had an amazing experience at Glendeven Inn near Mendocino. Everything there was about as perfect as possible. Being called Sea View my husband was ready for that view...from our second floor room maybe maybe a glimpse. Yes, we could hear it somewhat. However we were warmly greeted by Brenda and started to settle in. During the wine time ...wine was just OK...we started to meet people staying there...same with breakfast. We were intrigued by how many have stayed here year after year. It was good value, interesting rooms although we were not in love withnours, but it was the one available....this place is popular. While the breakfast is a simple continental one, Margo who was overseeing things in the morning was very helpful. SOOOO we became believers and will return. It is charming, has a great location for walking the beach and the village.....and the people who stay there year after year are terrific.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Leiden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

This B&B is located only 3 minutes away from the beach and 7 minutes away from the centre of town.
My room was great. I spend 2 nights in the smallest room upstairs, which was bigger than I had expected. I stayed there on my own and I really didn't need more space than the room provided.
I felt very welcome and the staff were all more than friendly and helpful.
Coffee is available from 8 am and breakfast from 9 am. Tea and cookies and wine and cheese are served in the afternoon. It was great getting back there after a day exploring Carmel and relax. The living room invites you and gives you a chance to meet and talk to the other guests. Or just to sit at the fireplace and read a book.
I had a great time, and I will for sure book myself a room in the Sea View Inn if I ever go back to Carmel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lilith1967
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I are from New York and took our first trip to Carmel. We could not have been happier with the Sea View Inn. We stayed in the smaller, third floor room and shared a bathroom with one other room. In my opinion the room was perfect and sharing a bathroom was not an issue at all. Breakfast was wonderful and fresh and everyone could not have been more accommodating. The innkeeper was very informative about Carmel and gave us wonderful restaurant suggestions. We particularly enjoyed Wine and Cheese hour every night from 6 to 7 p.m. right before our very short walk to the beach each evening. It was such a pleasure to stay here and we hope to return soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Coral Gables
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I spent two days with my daughter and we were very sad when we had to leave. The house is perfect and should definitely be Tripadvisor’s number 1.
We arived tired, past 7 PM, and Mary was wating us with a glass of wine - the best that could have happened to us. Tracy, the owner, is a person that goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and relaxed. The place is from a fairy tale. The location is ideal: close to the beach as well as the main street, filled with shopping and restaurants. In addition to breakfast, the Inn serves cookies and tea in the early afternoon and wine and cheese in the early evening. The house is clean and pleasant and you can hear the sound of the waves from your window. One important note is that the bathrooms are completely remodeled in certain rooms. We were in room 6 and the bathroom was not only new, but clean and beautiful. The rooms are much better than how they appear in the pictures.
On my next trip to Carmel by the Sea, this will definetely be my choice.

• Stayed August 2010