“Amazing- The best part of my holiday”
Review of Sea View Inn

Sea View Inn
Ranked #18 of 25 Carmel B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Sea View Inn is amazing. We did a road trip from San Francisco- Los Angeles in September 2012 and Carmel (and the Sea View Inn) were the highlight of the trip.

The owners are so welcoming and showed us up to our room. Delightful, clean and cosy room.
The lounge with the fireplace was lovely too, and I especially enjoyed the afternoon tea and reading magazines by the fireplace in the afternoon.

Carmel is so peaceful, I would definitely recommend staying at the Sea View Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bakerandted

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed with friends from St. Louis for two nights in October. From the minute you arrive Tracy makes feel so special and nothing is too much trouble for her. We are from Ireland and wanted to watch the sunset from the beach. Tracy gave us to go cups with wine and cheese and the four of us watched the sunset sipping wine- what a great start to a fantastic trip. The rooms are very well appointed and we shared a bathroom which was spotless. The breakfast was delicious and all the staff were great. When we came back from dinner on the first night tracy had the Irish Flag flying for us- now that is what great service is all about, and Tracy certainly knows how to take care of her guests. I would highly reccommend staying at the Sea View Inn you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are cosy if you do not mind the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JOhn H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A great time. Very well prepared "cold" breakfast. (Some complain because they want a "hot" breakfast but we found it to be well thought out selection). It was very high quality, fresh and tasty. We were in room 5 on the third floor! A one suitcase at a time climb from second to 3rd...but the room and en suite bath were very quaint, comfortable and clean. Despite, or because, it was in the eves the room had a character of its own. The shower was quite adequate but the most efficient use of space we have seen in a while. But considering the location and age of the property it was a very interesting place to stay. A quick walk to the beach and a short walk to the main shopping district.

Room Tip: If you cannot climb steps or have a balance issue you do not want a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnInHvl
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was a feast for the senses to stay at this very special place in Carmel. Very traditional and the hospitality from the team was so appreciated. Cheese and wine in the evenings, breakfast cooked in the morning for you and meeting interesting people from all over. The beach is a block way and the peace and quiet is special. It's the sort of place you could stay weeks at and write a book.
We came from Australia and were travelling as a couple with a 13 year old son. Our room was cosy and our son had a separate little section in a bay window he slept in.
Bathroom was spotless and comfortable.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexanderfz
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

You can't actually view the sea but it's a five minute walk away. The main shopping area and Mission Ranch are a 15min walk on opposite sides of the inn. This is a bit of a challenge after sunset as streets are unlit but that makes the stars more beautiful.
We prefer this intimate atmosphere with shared breakfast tables to the impersonal hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This review is late, I know, but we were going through our pictures and I was reminded of what a great experience this B&B was. And I didn't even get to have breakfast, due to a super early departure.
What you need to know:
Worth it. Especially the room with attached bathroom. Love the no t.v in the room,rule, along with heated bathroom floors and nook to curl up and read
Hospitable: Tracy was amazing. And I can say that- my credit card was compromised and she didn't bat a lash. We were on route to Vegas, she took cash and called me to make sure we were all sorted out after we left- which was completely unnecessary as e had paid our due. Best phone call I have ever received in Fresno.
Clean: No worries. I am A-type and I couldn't find a speck of anything.
Comfort: beds - super comfy. Quiet. Free wine and cheese- do you need more? I am sure the breakfast would have blown my mind if I actually had the time to try it.

All the romance, excitement and mystique of Carmel is right here. Can't imagine staying anywhere else. Book it...promise- it is beyond what you think. And the short walk down to the beach or into charming downtown, is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for two nights, and Margo and the staff couldn't have been more gracious and welcoming. We had a lovely room on the top floor with a brand new, well appointed bathroom. Breakfast was included and served in the inn's lovely common rooms. The coffee was fantastic. If I every come back to Carmel, the Sea View Inn is my go-to place to stay.

Thank you, Margo.
From, Ann and Lily in Newburyport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family