Carmel Country Inn
Pine Inn(Carmel)
Lobos Lodge(Carmel)
Normandy Inn(Carmel)
View Hotel
All reviewsquichecookiespastriesluxury kingtrail mixwhirlpool tubbedroom suitebreakfast roomfew blocksan easy walkquiet neighborhoodbreakfast was deliciousa wonderful stayhome away from homeprivate balconycoffee makerocean avenue
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Carmel Country Inn is the quintessential seaside inn. It's the place you stayed at with your parents growing up.

The inn is located just steps from Carmel's restaurant and shopping center and the beach. Perfect location.

Carmel and the Carmel Country Inn are easily the most dog friendly places I've ever been.

The staff at the Inn were sweet and professional. The office was stocked with fresh baked cookies and lemonade. The Inn staff encouraged me to take some cookies back to my room to enjoy. The inn-keeper said she would just, bake more!

We had wine and a cheese plate waiting for us when we checked in. I forget the cost, but it was reasonable. In fact, over our weekend we ordered two more bottles.

We stayed in room #12. It was comfy and sweetly appointed. The bathroom was nice and I really enjoyed the whirlpool tub. I should mention that I also really liked the soap/shampoo/lotion selection in the bathroom. Good quality stuff and smelled great. Another great aspect to the room was the Dutch door. Perfect choice and completely fitting.

My sole complaint about Carmel Country Inn is that I had to leave. But I'll be back, and I encourage you to visit soon, too.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank SJCourtney
Reviewed February 28, 2014

As far as B&B's go in the Carmel area, this one is about 5 blocks from the heart of the business district and a little further from the beach. Having said that it is very quiet and a little exercise was good. The accommodations were excellent and the staff very helpful. I would return in the future.

Room Tip: All are great; two couples or family fit nicely in 2br units; and one couple fits in all the rest.
3  Thank James J
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed at this Inn many times and always enjoy the visit. This time the staff helped my boyfriend order flowers for me for Valentine's Day so they were right at our door that morning! The breakfast is great and the staff is always so helpful with advice on restaurants and things to do. Really enjoyed the large bathtub in our room this time and the wonderful fireplace. Absolutely recommend this as a great place to stay while in Carmel!

Room Tip: Love the two bedroom suites when traveling with a group but this time had the King Studio which was wonderful!
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This property was great. Fantastic location, super cute, great room. Amazing breakfast. Very friendly people. Champagne that I pre-ordered was Chandon and I was only charged $25. Overall absolutely fantastic time. The only one slight thing that I would mention is the the quilt bedding smelled a little musty. But that didn't really bother us! Everything else more than made up for it!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We spent two nights here after a change of plans and booked only a few days before arrival using Trip Advisor reviews as the recommendation. It was lovely on arrival to find our room had been upgraded. Our two bedroom unit was large and spacious with two gorgeous bathrooms. The unit was well equipped and immaculately clean.

From the generous afternoon teas to the lovely breakfast in the main building, it was a warm and inviting environment. The host was really friendly and helpful.

The Inn offers everything from beach towels to balls for your dog and strollers! Whilst we didn't have a dog (just two kids) with us, they loved petting the canine guests and when we left, the kids were given a ball to bring home to their dog!

Just a lovely place to stay and enjoy the sights, restaurants and shopping of Carmel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family