“An Outstanding Take Out Dinner!”

Patisserie Boissiere Restaurant
Reserve a table
Fri, 8/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 140 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises. Dining room is available for private dinner parties.
Reviewed December 17, 2020 via mobile

The virus has brought things to a near halt in Carmel with take out being the only dining option. This then raises the issue of maintaining quality. Well, have no fears here. Patisserie Boissiere does a superb job under these difficult conditions. For dinner, we had the Fresh filet of Salmon baked in parchment paper - outstanding, a large portion cooked to perfection. The other dish selected was their beef bourguinon - equally superb. We have eaten here several times for lunch, but this was our first dinner. We topped off the meal with coconut cream pie - a delight! During stressful times these folks continue to do it so well!

Date of visit: December 2020
3  Thank Glenn M
Write a reviewReviews (458)

Reviewed December 8, 2020

I’ve been here several times; brunch, lunch, Salmon, crepes and eggs all excellent. This day we had eggs on toasted Croussant, smothered in two types melted cheese topped with second half toasted Croussant. Located nea4 garage parking

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank touchsomeone
Reviewed December 1, 2020

I reviewed this a year ago. We ate there last week. The food was sensational. The beef bourguingnon was off the charts savory. Julie had the shepherd's pie -- awesome. The French onion soup (with sherry) was the bomb. We did not get to dessert.

If you go to Carmel you need to eat here. The best.

Date of visit: November 2020
5  Thank marfak
Reviewed October 24, 2020

After not being able to find a nearby restaurant where we could sit down and eat dinner (we had not made reservations anywhere!), we stopped by here and asked if we could do take out. They were very accommodating and gave us fast service! We ended up with a great meal (vegetarian quiche) and a lemon curd tart that was the best we had ever tasted! They have limited outdoor dining that is set up for social distancing.

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank happytwanderer
Reviewed October 3, 2020

Honestly, this place sucked. I asked for recommendations when I ordered and they said salmon, and hey you can't really mess up a salmon but boy was I wrong. The salmon was extremely dry and only seasoned the top left side of the fish. It was so bad I asked for a new dish for the first time in my 23 years of living. I asked for the lamb shank and I would give it a solid 6/10. My boyfriend ordered the duck and the sauce it came with had the consistency of juice from a Safeway. I would like to point out that we got our entrees after we drank a bottle of wine so I feel like if I was sober the food would have been worse. When we finished we both agreed that the highlight was the dressing from our side salad. I would lastly like to point out that the staff was awesome and attentive. They gave me a complementary bread pudding because the salmon looked so sad but it has the consistency of cardboard. A for effort but a D in execution.

Date of visit: October 2020