“The Best Restaurant in Carmel”

Patisserie Boissiere Restaurant
Reserve a table
Sat, 8/13
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 140 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises. Dining room is available for private dinner parties.
Reviewed December 1, 2020

I reviewed this a year ago. We ate there last week. The food was sensational. The beef bourguingnon was off the charts savory. Julie had the shepherd's pie -- awesome. The French onion soup (with sherry) was the bomb. We did not get to dessert.

If you go to Carmel you need to eat here. The best.

Date of visit: November 2020
5  Thank marfak
Write a reviewReviews (458)

Reviewed October 24, 2020

After not being able to find a nearby restaurant where we could sit down and eat dinner (we had not made reservations anywhere!), we stopped by here and asked if we could do take out. They were very accommodating and gave us fast service! We ended up with a great meal (vegetarian quiche) and a lemon curd tart that was the best we had ever tasted! They have limited outdoor dining that is set up for social distancing.

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank happytwanderer
Reviewed October 3, 2020

Honestly, this place sucked. I asked for recommendations when I ordered and they said salmon, and hey you can't really mess up a salmon but boy was I wrong. The salmon was extremely dry and only seasoned the top left side of the fish. It was so bad I asked for a new dish for the first time in my 23 years of living. I asked for the lamb shank and I would give it a solid 6/10. My boyfriend ordered the duck and the sauce it came with had the consistency of juice from a Safeway. I would like to point out that we got our entrees after we drank a bottle of wine so I feel like if I was sober the food would have been worse. When we finished we both agreed that the highlight was the dressing from our side salad. I would lastly like to point out that the staff was awesome and attentive. They gave me a complementary bread pudding because the salmon looked so sad but it has the consistency of cardboard. A for effort but a D in execution.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed September 16, 2020

There are vegetarian options for my husband and a fabulous chicken pot pie for me (piped mashed potato top!)...also fabulous wine and beautiful, fresh desserts! Courteous service and fabulous weather! Merci de tout coeur!

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank sharonpow
Reviewed September 9, 2020

My partner and I had dinner here last Sunday night (luckily we had a reservation!). We arrived 15 minutes early but they already had our table waiting for us - a great start to a wonderful experience. I had the beef bourguignon, which came with perfectly cooked vegetables and scalloped potatoes (yum!), and my partner had a HUGE piece of quiche (literally 1/4 of a pie) that could have been much smaller at the same price. The food was not only perfectly prepared, we felt it was a very good value - how many restaurants have glasses of wine for < $10 and include soup or salad with their entrees? After dinner we went into the bakery to pick out a dessert and decided upon a lemon tart which was simply amazing and perhaps the highlight of our meal.
One other great thing about this restaurant is its location - not being on Ocean made it feel much less noisy and hectic. We experienced exceptional service from start to finish, and would not hesitate to come here again.

Date of visit: September 2020