“A Francophile's Delight!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Patisserie Boissiere
Ranked #17 of 155 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises. Dining room is available for private dinner parties.
Pebble Beach, California
“A Francophile's Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Step into this charming, welcoming retreat, and enjoy superb traditional French onion soup, Quiche Maison, and luscious, homemade desserts! Additional menu items offer a wide variety from which to choose. The ambience is cozy and intimate; decor is reminiscent of a French inn.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Stanford, California
“Cozy, warm, great service and atmosphere, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This little French restaurant located centrally in Carmel is a perfect dinner location with its great service, atmosphere and nice food for a reasonably high price. The place is quite small but very well decorated and lit, so that it feels like you're at your friend's home for dinner. The personnel are also very friendly and helpful and this makes the place feel even cozier. Even though it is cozy, it is also a classy place with excellent service.

I had beef bourguignon and it was well cooked with a quite big serving size. It is nice of the restaurant to include a delicious salad or soup with your meal as well as baguettes and pesto and butter. Even though it wasn't the best food I had, it is still very good for such a small place and the price range (around $20 for a meal). Also, the desserts are delicious and the coffee is great, which makes a perfect meal.

I would recommend this place mostly for a smaller group of friends or a romantic couple.

Carmel, California
“Elegant Yet Affordable French Cuisine, a Secret Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

When people find out I live in Carmel, they always ask me the same question: what is my favorite restaurant in the area. The answer has kind of been my own little secret, so I'm not sure I want to relate it to the world, but in an effort to be more "selfless" in 2014, I'm coming out with my secret. If you're looking for a restaurant with the old-world charm of the Belle Epoque, with quiet & dignified customer service, an impressive & affordable wine-by-the-glass menu, and healthful french cuisine (not a contradiction in terms, it can be done and done well), then Patisserie Boissiere is your new secret treasure too. As a local, this is where I bring all the important people in my life - those people with whom I actually want to have a conversation - and I always get the table in front of the marble fireplace (this is great! Carmel is cold). Unlike most of the squished, loud, tavern/pub styled restaurants in the area, Patisserie Boissiere is beautifully appointed with plush carpets, Impressionist French paintings, and plenty of room for quiet conversation. I just hate the fact that in most restaurants these days, you cannot hear your guest with whom you're conversing, I mean, why go out at all? (a pet peeve of mine, but I'm glad I said it). You'd pay several hundred euros in Paris for an equivalent experience, but I always have enough $$$ left over to buy pastries for my colleagues in the office the next day (did I mention there's a bakery on premises too). So there you are, my one good deed for the year, you now know my secret favorite restaurant in Carmel... just don't expect a 60 inch blaring TV flatscreen, this restaurant is for people who still remember how to speak to each other, and want a meaningful dining experience.

Saratoga, California
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have been to Carmel several times and had excellent dinners in town. For variety we decided to try a new restaurant based on the trip advisor ratings. I had to call twice to get an answer on gluten free dishes (I have a gluten allergy). When we were seated, I told the waiter I had a gluten allergy. He looked like he was completely clueless on what that meant. I was asking specifically if the stuffed mushrooms had bread crumbs in them (not listed on the ingredients list) - he clarified they did. I asked if the scallops and shrimp dish had gluten in it - he said he had to check, then returned and said it didn't. I ordered that dish and a salad. The salad came with a huge cruton on it - I took it off and put it on my husband's plate. Next, the "gluten free" scallops and shrimp dish had 2 medium croissants on top of it. I asked if they were bread and he said "well, not exactly bread" - I clarified that they contained wheat flour, thus gluten. The guy was clueless. I have no idea what was in my dish and can only hope for the best. Food was bland and the atmosphere reminded me of an old folks home. On a positive note, the desserts (which I can't eat) looked delicious.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Maryland
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been to this restaurant on four different occasions for lunch. I have never been disappointed with the food. Highly recommend the quiche. My only complaint regards the service...the servers can be rather cool and curt. But, if you are looking for good food for lunch, you'll probably find it here.

• Visited March 2013