“fine pastries”

Ranked #24 of 160 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises. Dining room is available for private dinner parties.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Didn't eat a meal there -- only take-out pastries. All of the cakes we sampled were excellent. Le mousse au chocolat was good. Nothing that we bought (and we bought a variety of the pastry offerings) was less than very good. Did we feel like we were in Paris or Bruxelles? No, not quite. Nevertheless, a worthwhile detour for the lover of rich desserts.

1  Thank Shrek4

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I suppose we could have paid two-thirds less and gone to Subway, but I just couldn't face the lackluster bread, slap-dash fillings, white lettuce and overbrined chicken. So imagine my delight when I saw that Patisserie Boissiere offered a picnic menu. We had the chicken Caesar salad and a seafood sandwich, both of which were very good. Had they had the onion soup to go, I would have ordered that, too; its aroma was enchanting. Ordered a walnut-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookie for dessert; one was enough for two. We ate in a church courtyard a few blocks away and enjoyed the garden immensely. I hope we can go for dinner the next time we are in town.

1  Thank xtex
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I can only comment on the pastries - the coconut cream pie was divine while the choux pastry items were good - not Parisian or Lyon standards. Service is cramped and harried, though. Selection changes daily.

1  Thank CulturedBacillis
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped here having been recommended by someone we met in the street as she said the bakery was the best in town! It took us a while to find it but it was definitely worth it. I had the shepherds pie - this is not named correctly as it is made with beef and NOT lamb - that said it was truly delicious. Wife had the crab & advacado salad and got what looked like a whole crab - also very good! Would def go here again - highly recommended - great pastries as well

1  Thank HampshireMojo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We tried this restaurant after not being able to get into the Flying Fish Grill. It wasn't crowded at all. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the food was delicious. I would definitely dine here again.