“Best dining experience I've had in years!”

Patisserie Boissiere Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 153 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A relaxing and comforting venue modeled after a European chateau where tables are thoughtfully spaced and fresh flowers, fireplace, candles and soothing musical notes are integral part of the dining experience. The ambience sets the tone for French country food served with a great deal of care for detail, and pastries baked daily on premises. Dining room is available for private dinner parties.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I recently went to this restaurant while visiting my sister in California. Four of us went for an early dinner on Sunday. It is a small, charming restaurant with great atmosphere and a case of mouthwatering desserts and pastries on display in the front.
Our server was friendly and knowledgable about items on the menu. We were hoping to get a couple of appetizers, but unfortunately the kitchen was already out of both so we went straight to entrees. Our table ordered the chicken pot pie, pasta with prawns, duck and lamb shank. All four entrees were prefaced by a garden salad, nothing special, but served with delicious, house-made dressing. I tasted all of the entrees, and they were delicious, but my lamb shank was sensational. It was served with mushrooms, spinach and onions in it's own broth with a side of potatoes au gratin. The flavor was exceptional and the meat literally fell off the bone, no knife required.
Even though we were all stuffed after dinner we ordered an array of desserts and espresso drinks, all of which were as delicious as they looked. Overall a wonderful dining experience! My only complaints would be the limited supply of certain items on the menu and it was slightly pricy for just a drop in meal, but well worth it for the quality (we spent about 150 for the meal, excluding drinks).
If you ever find yourself in Carmel, definitely take the time to stop by this restaurant, it is well worth it. And take a couple of the cookies for the road, they are to die for!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Got seated within 5 mins, cozy place, amazing looking pastries but we opted for a Brunch item(croissant with poached eggs, melted cheese and crumbled bacon) and for myself the pate, brie with warm French baguette - both were yummy. Service very good, prices good.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I love this place! Great service, amazing food, ambiance - it has it all. From the moment I walked in the door, I knew I was in for a great evening. The dining room is beautifully decorated, yet warm and comfortable. Our server patiently answered my many questions (I was finding it difficult to make a choice between three different entrees...), and when I finally made my selection (Baked Brie & Red Onion Marmalade, Caesar Salad, and the Sauteed Prawns with Angel Hair Pasta), everyone at the table was relieved.

The baked brie was truly melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and perfectly complemented by the delicate marmalade. My Caesar Salad was perfect - fresh, crisp romaine and a delicious dressing, topped with Parmesan and croutons. And the prawns...oh, the prawns...with perfectly prepared angel hair pasta, artichokes, tomatoes and leeks, combined with a divine lemon Beurre Blanc - I was truly in heaven!

Although I should have stopped there, I just couldn't - the dessert choices were just too tempting to pass up. We shared a few between everyone at the table, and I really couldn't tell you if the Zabaglione or the Pot Au Chocolate made me happier.

I definitely recommend you find time to enjoy this Carmel gem as soon as you can. I guarantee that you'll be glad you did!

1  Thank TerriW12Boulder_CO
Reviewed September 6, 2012

A bit of heaven. My 15 year old daughter's first encounter with brioche... real brioche. Languorous roses and alstromaria on the table, Understated, relaxed and yet excellent food. Attentive but not "in your face" service, and a convenient location. We were there for a late Sunday brunch, and though it was a busy day, the service and ambiance never made us feel rushed. It was a quick transport to Europe, and a lovely respite from Labor Day weekend hubbub.
We will return again...and again.

1  Thank SarasChoice
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Not only is the food delicious, this restaurant is cozy and so very pleasant. The service is outstanding, making the experience totally enjoyable.

I especially liked the stuffed mushroom appetizer, & the lemon curd pie for dessert.

1  Thank ankplasma