We enjoyed our stay at the Sunset Inn. Its location was great for going to the shops and to the beach. We did not need to move our car from the lot once for the Friday and Saturday night that we stayed at the inn. Having stayed at other inns in Carmel parking can be an issue, and since the Sunset Inn has their own small parking lot in front of the inn that was great. My only complaints are that the bed was hard as a brick, and that the smokers who used the back patio left their cigarettes and cigars butts behind. The Porpoise room was large, with a fireplace that did not smoke. Lots of firewood was provided, and best of all our two small dogs were welcome. A gift basket for the dogs and for ourselves was waiting in our room on arrival. That was a nice touch. Also, the location was quiet. I would stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small seaside Inn centrally located in downtown Carmel. We offer free parking, beach chairs and breakfast. On weekends we have wine and some other small dishes for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Hotel Carmel
- Lamp Lighter Inn And Sunset House Suites