We stayed here for two nights recently. Were originally booked at the Forest Lodge but since there was construction, we were moved to Lamplighter.
The inn is very conveniently located within walking distance of everything, including the beach. The front desk person was friendly and accommodating.
Our room, king size bed and twin, was large and had an area to sit and relax and it was nice to have a working fireplace.
Breakfast was yogurt, juice, muffin served in a basket usually around 9 a.m.
Overall, it nice. I think the bathrooms (shower only) can use updating, and a larger space to place items would be most helpful.
The room could also use some updating/freshening up.
I would recommend if you stay here, asking for a room off the main street (which can be busy/noisy). I would probably stay in a hotel next visit but if you like an inn experience,
this would be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small seaside Inn centrally located in downtown Carmel. We offer free parking, beach chairs and breakfast. On weekends we have wine and some other small dishes for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Hotel Carmel
- Lamp Lighter Inn And Sunset House Suites