We spent Valentine's week in Carmel. We stayed with the Lamp Lighter complex. Out unit was up the hill at Forest Lodge in the Loft. It was a great space. It could sleep 3 but for two, it was great. The main space was extremely roomy. The bathroom was huge. The space for the third was in a cute little lower space. The pictures online show it well. The space was light and bright. I loved it for that. From our deck we even had an ocean view.
We walked every morning. Whether it was a long walk, fast walk or a shorter, slower walk, we ended up at the Lamp Lighter for a more than Continental breakfast. We especially loved the warm hard cooked eggs. The breakfast atmosphere was great, too. The gas fires were always on through the glass to warm us up. There were always other guests to talk with. We had some great conversations.
We loved our unit. We enjoyed our breakfast stops. We highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small seaside Inn centrally located in downtown Carmel. We offer free parking, beach chairs and breakfast. On weekends we have wine and some other small dishes for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Lighter Inn And Sunset House Suites
- Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Hotel Carmel