“Best pancakes EVER!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pancakes EVER!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband has said for years that Little swiss has the best pancakes he has ever had. Just to let you know he doesnt use the word "best" lightly. We hadnt made it there until now. He talked his mom, sister and in to accompany him. I am not a fuge pancake fan but we all listened to recommendation and ordered pancakes. They really are the BEST pancakes ever had. We got tye real maple syrup. When you have the beat pancakes you need the best syrup! They really are so amazing my mother in law and I went back the next morning for them again!! Ask to sit in the red booth room to look at the morales on the wall. Great conversation piece. Happy pancake eatting:-)

• Visited August 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Hard to beat”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Charming intimate cafe, beautiful food. Good unfussy cuisine and generous portions.The staff were friendly and the service was efficient. Excellent value for money, especially in pricy Carmel : main course plus soup for around $13.

• Visited August 2013
Comox, Canada
“Rude service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We wanted to have breakfast here and they were indeed busy. When I wrote down our name for a table, I asked the hostess how long she thought it would be for a table for two. Her response? "As long as it takes." And she walked away. So did we. Can't buy THAT kind of service :(

• Visited July 2013
Orangevale, California
“Best blintzes anywhere”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The blintzes were absolutely delicious, the best I've ever tasted. I can say with certainty that I wouldn't have them anywhere else.

Visited June 2013
“Great breakfast; served lots of locals”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We tried two diners in Carmel for breakfast and one coffee shop. Little Swiss Cafe was the best. This didn't feel like a tourist spot. The food was typical diner fare, but cooked well. The service was very friendly. Most everyone in the place, except for us, greeted each other with first names. The interior was charming, clean and well maintained. The first thing you see inside the door is a rack with a generous assortment of magazines and newspapers which said to me, "Welcome, come stay a while."

Visited May 2013