$492
ClarionHotels
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$311
$300
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$588
$512
Agoda.com
$539
$499
Travelocity
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $571/night.

Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$900
All reviewssister propertyyogurthard boiled eggsdowntown carmelgas fireplacewine tastingenglish muffineach morningthe main streetgarrettlamplighterdogoceanbasket
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

A charming enclave of enchantingly unique individual havens in this 100 year old establishment. Beautifully appointed with an attention to detail, I stayed in two different rooms on this my first ( and certainly not my last ) stay. Evocative of a bygone era, the high wood beam ceilings and handcrafted architecture lent a coziness so rarely experienced in this post- modern world ( I love the split wood doors with real keys, not the electronic systems found everywhere else ). The grounds are extremely well laid out with gardens and sitting areas spread out over the beautifully landscaped property. My service canine was made to feel very welcome, as he explored all the tantalizing scents within the gardens. Each room has its own parking space specially designated for only your room ( a huge plus in any resort area ). The wine and cheese hour at the sister property of the Lamplighter was lovely and the breakfast included hard boiled eggs ( a sure winner for me, eggs being a requisite ). The staff were all so professional and exceedingly helpful ( Amy was so amiable in providing the smoothest of checkins I've ever had ). When I decided to stay another night and my present room had been already previously booked, Mel told me to not to trouble myself with moving all my things to my new room, that they would do that for me. The onsite gentleman manager was exceedingly polite with my curiosity in exploring the architectural layout of the inn and gave me a tour of the rooms
( each one is completely unique ). The location is the best, being able to walk to the beach with my dog and the heart of town. It is so nice not to have to drive and worry about parking since Carmel naturally has very limited parking being a small seaside town. I highly recommend this lodge, especially if you have a dog ( my Aussie just loved staying here! ). Very peaceful and an excellent layout to get a quiet getaway, while still being in walking distance to everything in town.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank BarbaraF2017
Reviewed February 27, 2017

It is AMAZING! Our suite was very clean, spacious, quiet - there was a fireplace, which we used a lot - it was definitely a plus.
The staff is very discreet but also very helpful and friendly if you need anything.
It is a bit pricey - but definitely worth the experience.
It is located on the main street - near a lot of restaurants and little boutiques.

Room Tip: The Dali Suite is the biggest one - I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline_Tricot
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

I'm a local who stayed here last night with my pooch, Bixby, and it was perfectly adorable. Spacious and clean little "cabins". I will definitely tell people about it, I'm bummed I didn't know about it sooner.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2016

We had a fabulous experience in Carmel the two nights we stayed with Forest Lodge. Our room was excellent and the staff was very friendly in meeting our needs. It is a little older but they do a great job with keeping it up.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2016

Only six Cottages. Very charming and peaceful. Not a typical Hotel. Old but clean. Our cottage was an artist studio at one time. A true Carmel experience. You can walk to everything in downtown Carmel.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple