Forest Lodge
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$261
$183
$191
$140
Official Site
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$147
$139
$649
  • Pool
$225
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$520
$339
All reviewssister propertyocean aveyogurthard boiled eggsdowntown carmelgas fireplacewine tastingeach morningthe main streetgarrettlamplighterdogbasket
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lamp Lighter Inn was booked, but they had room at their sister ship, Forest Lodge. It looked just as nice online as Lamp Lighter Inn and was "in town" walking distance to shops and resturaurant. We stayed at the Garden Room with our 2 1/2 year old and it could not have been any more perfect! Peggy, one of the owners could not have been any more welcoming with children and pets. If I had my dog, I am not sure who would have liked her more, my 2 1/2 yr old son, me or my dog!!!! Peggy made balloons & played ball with my son daily.... We were only there for 2 nights and it could not have been any more perfect... Wine & cheese to breakie in the mornings down at Lamp Lighter was F.U.N. (fun).... my son could play with the toys and sonny (the house cat) without any worries. The fire pit was lovely and the guest we met were too..... Friendly, Friendly ,Friendly is the name of this place. They could not have made you feel any more welcome.......STAY STAY STAY is what I SAY!!! we will definitely be back....

Room Tip: I am sure any of there rooms would be great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is adorable. We stayed in the Garrett Loft as the first stop on our honeymoon and we could not have picked a sweeter, more romantic inn in Carmel. Great location that's just far enough away from the crowds but literally a stone's throw from Ocean Avenue. The decor and finishing touches in the bathroom were wonderful. Only reason i can't give it 5 stars, is that the bed was really not very comfortable. It's on the hard but bouncy side. I guess I would say it felt a bit "cheap" compared to the rest of the room. The Garrett Loft is also a good private spot. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Garrett Loft is romantic and private
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Forest Lodge last week to celebrate our eleven year wedding anniversary. We loved every minute of our stay! Our cottage room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The attention to detail and service were above and beyond. The breakfast basket delivery to our door every morning was great. I'm a pretty big homebody so I'm generally ready to go home at the end of a vacation. I did not want to leave!! We're planning on making this our annual anniversary trip but I'm already planning another trip to take our kids. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Forest Lodge is a little farther away from the beach and a little more secluded and set back off the street than the Lamplighter Inn. You can't go wrong with either property!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hospitable, clean, light, roomy - good value. Just up the hill from all the shops - everything within walking distance. Relahtively quiet and out of the downtown bustle. Easily accessible to main road to Carmel Valley for wine tasting and to Monterey for whale watching. Will definitely return to stay with these properties.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our 1st trip to the Forest Lodge inn, and we were amazed by the scenery and ambience of the quaint cottages that they had to offer. We stayed in the Garden room, with our 2 daughters, plenty of room for all. I am in a wheelchair, and they even went out of their way to make sure my chair fit in their cottage, unlike some hotels that don’t want to bother making any extra effort to make our stay comfortable. We were also surprised that they offered a complimentary decanter of Sherry, and provided an assortment of Cheeses and wines for an afternoon manager greetings at their sister location called the lamplighters Inn. Also, they delivered to our door each morning a basket of fruits, bagels and Muffins to start our day right! Such a short drive to point lobos from this lovely hotel, and a short walk to the beach and shops from your cottage door make this location the perfect place to stay and explore Carmel. I would highly recommend this location to anyone wanting to see all that Carmel has to offer, as you start on the edge of town at this hotel, and can easily see all the sites of Carmel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family