“Charming and romantic” 4 of 5 bubbles

Forest Lodge
Brooklyn, New York
“Charming and romantic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is adorable. We stayed in the Garrett Loft as the first stop on our honeymoon and we could not have picked a sweeter, more romantic inn in Carmel. Great location that's just far enough away from the crowds but literally a stone's throw from Ocean Avenue. The decor and finishing touches in the bathroom were wonderful. Only reason i can't give it 5 stars, is that the bed was really not very comfortable. It's on the hard but bouncy side. I guess I would say it felt a bit "cheap" compared to the rest of the room. The Garrett Loft is also a good private spot. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Garrett Loft is romantic and private
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Forest Lodge last week to celebrate our eleven year wedding anniversary. We loved every minute of our stay! Our cottage room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The attention to detail and service were above and beyond. The breakfast basket delivery to our door every morning was great. I'm a pretty big homebody so I'm generally ready to go home at the end of a vacation. I did not want to leave!! We're planning on making this our annual anniversary trip but I'm already planning another trip to take our kids. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Forest Lodge is a little farther away from the beach and a little more secluded and set back off the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hospitable, clean, light, roomy - good value. Just up the hill from all the shops - everything within walking distance. Relahtively quiet and out of the downtown bustle. Easily accessible to main road to Carmel Valley for wine tasting and to Monterey for whale watching. Will definitely return to stay with these properties.

• Stayed May 2013
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was our 1st trip to the Forest Lodge inn, and we were amazed by the scenery and ambience of the quaint cottages that they had to offer. We stayed in the Garden room, with our 2 daughters, plenty of room for all. I am in a wheelchair, and they even went out of their way to make sure my chair fit in their cottage, unlike some hotels that don’t want to bother making any extra effort to make our stay comfortable. We were also surprised that they offered a complimentary decanter of Sherry, and provided an assortment of Cheeses and wines for an afternoon manager greetings at their sister location called the lamplighters Inn. Also, they delivered to our door each morning a basket of fruits, bagels and Muffins to start our day right! Such a short drive to point lobos from this lovely hotel, and a short walk to the beach and shops from your cottage door make this location the perfect place to stay and explore Carmel. I would highly recommend this location to anyone wanting to see all that Carmel has to offer, as you start on the edge of town at this hotel, and can easily see all the sites of Carmel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oakdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I took some out of town guest to Baja last night and I was so impressed with the service, our waiter and the manager( Chris) were AWESOME. Thank you for great service and the food was great. I had SHRIMP FAJITA and it was DELICIOUS! I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

My girlfriends & I just spent a lovely evening at the Forest Lodge in Carmel. The property is charming with three newly renovated cottages that give the modern comforts we all want, while preserving the quaint "Carmel" atmosphere. The Dali Suite features a "sitting room" with a fireplace where you can relax & enjoy friends & family. The "sister property" Lamplighter Inn offers a delightful evening of visiting with guest around the firepit while sipping on wine. The staff & guest were all so friendly. Thank you so much Bobby & staff for a memorable evening.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Holly G
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are looking to get away and relax this is the place. My husband and I have stayed here for our wedding and then the past two years for our anniversary. The people (especially Melissa) who run both the Forest Lodge and the Lamplighter Inn are friendly and helpful. They dropped by an adorable basket for breakfast (yogurt, hard boiled eggs & fruit) each morning for breakfast. In the evenings we dropped by the complimentary wine and cheese happy hour at the Lamplighter Inn on our way to and from the beach to watch the sunset. I love the Garrett Loft because it is spacious, there is a nook that is perfect for reading or working and you feel like you are nestled in the tree tops. There is also a fireplace to add to the ambience. We have stayed in the Ocean Avenue room and we liked that too. The location is ideal as numerous restaurants, wine tasting and shopping are steps away and the beach is about a 15 minute walk. We didn't even get a car for this trip. In the past year the town has allowed more wine tasting rooms and if you like red wine we highly recommend Scheid Vineyards which is a few blocks away. If you are a happy hour person we also loved the rooftop at Vesuvio's (about a block away).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple