“can"t go wrong here.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This restaurant has it all, good menu choices, good service, and nice ambiance, and the price is right for the meal. Both of us enjoyed our dinners, I had the duck, and my husband had the sand dabs, both delicious. We will go back.

There are newer reviews for Grill On Ocean Avenue

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Surprisingly, it was not as expensive as we had thought. I ordered the Parmigiano-Crusted Chicken Breat served with saffron cream pasta and sauteed seasonal vegetables. Really, really good. The chef was really on this game that day, because the chicken was moist, the pasta was flavorful and sauce was not rich (which I really dislike), the vegetables still had a bit of crunch to them, definitely not overcooked! My husband order the Tilapia lunch special with Jasmine rice and vegetables. It was also very, very good. Would I come here again? Yes! Next time, we'll have our two teenage children with us in December. I didn't find the place pretentious or snooty at all. The wait staff were attentive and wonderful. My husband ordered the Mango Margarita...very good.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate lunch there with our 20 month old son. This restaurant looks little higher end however the lunch entrees aren't that expensive. They had crayons on all the tables so we were able to keep our toddler busy with it. This place was very quiet even though it was kind of busy so I wasn't sure if kids were allowed. I asked the hostess and she said kids are very welcome. Our server and the service was amazing. Bread was hard and not very appetizing. From the Entrees I ate chicken chipotle sandwich and it was great. Our overall experience was great and will definitely recommend this restaurant to other families with small kids. The only negative was they charged $3 for diet coke which is unreasonably high !!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Yes, I know, The Grill on Ocean Ave has an average rating of four stars- but I sure don't think it merits it. With little research or effort, we found a dozen really fine restos in San Fransisco and Berkeley, almost all in the $20-$25 range. At The Grill, we were served by a snooty waiter, the chicken parmesan was mediocre, the halibut was no better, and the side dishes were made without care. And with the exception of the fabulous Cliff House in San Fransisco, this was the most expensive restaurant we ate at on our trip!. Avoid it-. In fact, avoid eating in Carmel as much as possible-- it's a pricey, soak-the-rich town!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is one nice place and the food especially the steaks are beautiful would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.