“A Bit Disappointing”

Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Flaherty's...Fish is Everything! We know good seafood, we know how to buy it and we know how to prepare it. Unlike most restaurants (even the best of them) where fish is often a secondary item on the menu...at Flaherty's it's all about seafood. Here, you will experience a small town, comfortable, family atmosphere, where quality ingredients and quality preparation come together with quality service. We also include gluten free items in our menu to provide all of our customers with the best service possible. It's who we are...come and experience seafood like it was meant to be.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were drawn here by the crowds and promise of fresh seafood. Our food wasn't bad, but it was mediocre. My tuna was nicely seared, but the texture was flabby and the accompanying noodle cake seemed to be made up of bits of leftover pasta of different shapes. My husband's seafood pasta was ok, but he found it bland. Dinner service is very fast and we were out of there in well under an hour. We would not return - there are much better choices in Carmel.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We did make a reservation but they have an overflow space that is more spartan that you can probably walk in an get seated. It was worth the planning as we got a good table at 7:40 p.m. and were helped by one of the on site pro's, Victoria. I would highly recommend her. She is sharp, helpful and funny. We only got chowder ( really flavorful and not salty) and some salads the Cobb and Crab Louie but they were all very well done and filling. We saw the entrees, they looked OK but with an average price of $ 25 or more- it was more than we wanted. I think their sides are really enough unless you are starving. Get some oysters, calamari and soup or salad and you are set.They have a fine dessert menu as well which we saw but did not partake. Wine list was adequate for the menu. I'd go back and recommend this to others.

restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'll be sure to let Victoria know you appreciated her sharp and helpful service. The next time you visit, feel free to split an entree that catches your eye. Our entrees are generously portioned with fresh, high quality seafood. Hope to see you back again soon!

Best,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal. Family friendly with one of the best selections I have seen for children. Extensive raw bar and fish menu in different styles. We had 12 oysters to share followed by moules and calamari with a side salad. We weren't that hungry but needed a good snack. This is the sort of restaurant I could live in. Portion size seems to be more European than American which was great. Staff were attentive and good with the children. Fast, prompt and efficient service. Would highly recommend for seafood lovers and would put it up against any seafood restaurant anywhere without the pomp!

Hi Nick,

I'm so glad to hear you really enjoyed your meal. Knowing that "this is the sort of restaurant you could live in" is the best compliment. It's our goal to serve fresh seafood in a casual, inviting atmosphere. Hope to see you back again soon!

Best,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Small, lively restaurant in the heart of Carmel. Interesting menu with a lot of options, sure to please almost anyone. Scampi with risotto was amazing, the calamari steak was very good, the scallops with white beans was an unexpected (but delicious) combination. Wine prices reasonable, atmosphere pleasant and lively, service was very good. Will definitely return

restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I'm happy to hear you thought the scampi with risotto was amazing! It's our goal to create delicious dishes composed with unique and surprising combinations of ingredients. Looking forward to your next meal with us!

All the best,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My sister and I came in for lunch and ended up having a couple appetizers to start off with. My entree consisted of the Po'Boy Shrimp sandwich and my sister had the Tuna Melt with the lobster bisque which is to die for. I had to grab a couple bites of that too. Was told by the server it has been award winning. We wanted to go for a dessert but since we were so full with all that food we opted to come back and enjoy one next time.

Thanks for having lunch with us the other day! I'm happy to know you and your sister had a fantastic experience. We put a lot of love into our cooking, using the freshest seafood available. Hope you get a chance to try our desserts sometime soon!

All the best,