“Chowder in Carmel”

Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Flaherty's...Fish is Everything! We know good seafood, we know how to buy it and we know how to prepare it. Unlike most restaurants (even the best of them) where fish is often a secondary item on the menu...at Flaherty's it's all about seafood. Here, you will experience a small town, comfortable, family atmosphere, where quality ingredients and quality preparation come together with quality service. We also include gluten free items in our menu to provide all of our customers with the best service possible. It's who we are...come and experience seafood like it was meant to be.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (My family and I) had tried this place out as it was our only night in Carmel. This place looked very nice and cozy when we walked in and we were served by a very nice waitress. I had only ordered the New England clam chowder so did the rest of my family and we all enjoyed it! My parents had split a ceaser salad between them and they said it was fantastic. Finally for dessert we had shared a 'New Orleans' pecan pie it was good but it was a bit hard to cut which was inconvenient but that is being a bit picky. All in all it was a great meal and I would definitely come back if I ever come to Carmel ( being from Australia ).

restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thanks, Josh! We're glad the entire family enjoyed their dishes and we would love to dine with you if you ever find yourself in Carmel again!

Kenneth, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came to celebrate our wedding anniversary and did not disappoint. The wine list had a nice section. The main star was honestly the food we both had the halibut special per the waitress suggestion. I wish I could remember her name but, she basically guided us threw our dinner. It was one to remember! Can't wait to return.

Surfkelly,

We're happy we had the chance to celebrate with you! It's great to hear you loved your meals, and were able to enjoy our well-crafted wine list. Come back and visit us again soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently visited carmel and tried Flaherty's one night, it was so good that we went back again the next night.
We highly recommend, food is delicious!!!!

1  Thank voodoopr
restauranteurCarmel, Marketing Agency at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

voodoopr,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad you gave us a try while you were in Carmel. I'm happy to see you enjoyed everything so much that you came back for another meal! I appreciate your compliments and your recommendation. We would love to welcome you back the next time you're in town.

Cheers,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had lunch here again on our most recent trip. My fish curry was very good (and I love curry!); my wife had the clam chowder (New England style: good as usual) and salad. With ice teas and a glass of Ecco Domani for my my wife, the tab was $45 pre-tip. (Note: our coupon from the Village Corner (see separate review) gave us a 15% discount at this "sister" restaurant. These little discounts can help in this high-priced area.)

restauranteurCarmel, Marketing Agency at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hi Norm,

Thanks for having lunch with us again during your recent trip! The Fish Curry and Clam Chowder were both great choices. I'm glad our curry gets a stamp of approval from a curry lover like yourself! I'm also happy your wife enjoyed her meal. We hope to welcome you back the next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Really enjoyed this place from its appetizers to their entrees. Our waitress checked on our table several times making sure we were doing just fine. So I would say the service was outstanding and food was phenomenal. I ordered the Lobster Gnocchi and my boyfriend ordered the Alaskan Halibut they have on their specials and we both enjoyed our dinner very much. I recommend going to Flahertys if you want to find goood seafood.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your visit! The Lobster Gnocchi and Alaskan Halibut were both excellent choices. I'm also happy to see you received outstanding service from our team. I appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come see us again soon!