“Loved Everything About it”

Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Flaherty's...Fish is Everything! We know good seafood, we know how to buy it and we know how to prepare it. Unlike most restaurants (even the best of them) where fish is often a secondary item on the menu...at Flaherty's it's all about seafood. Here, you will experience a small town, comfortable, family atmosphere, where quality ingredients and quality preparation come together with quality service. We also include gluten free items in our menu to provide all of our customers with the best service possible. It's who we are...come and experience seafood like it was meant to be.
Santa Maria, CA
“Loved Everything About it”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were referred here by the hostess at our hotel and she was spot-on. Because of her referral we got 10% off, and because we checked in on Yelp, we got free appetizer (artichoke, fire grilled - yum, but we were given other choices direct from the menu).

From the outside, you would not think that this would be anything special but once inside, there was a vast menu with many choices, as well as daily specials that were also quite varied. Appetizers, oysters on the 1/2, soups (I hear the Lobster Bisque is to die for but sadly we did not order that), salads, mains, pastas, risotto - even pizza. Really something to please anyone.

Husband ordered some oysters & loved them. We shared aforementioned artichoke, and he had the lobster gnocchi for the main dish. Lovely creamy sauce, very rich. I had one of the specials: seared scallop risotto with crab and it was fabulous. I cold not finish so shared with husband (did not have to twist his arm!!). We stopped short of licking the plates, saving some room for dessert. He had creme brulee (vanilla + chocolate) and I had signature key lime pie - lovely, tart, and a great end to the richness of the main dishes.

They have a nice wine list as well as full bar, they play nice music that is not too loud, the acoustics are good, and when we commented about how warm it was in the restaurant, they kindly adjusted the temp and opened one of the doors for ventilation.

Service was attentive, prompt, and friendly without being annoying. Overall we would definitely recommend this spot for dinner; good for couples and groups. Might also be considered kid friendly for a slightly sophisticated and well mannered kid.

Visited January 2013
restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
JRSanchez,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad the hostess at your hotel referred us! Our readers will be grateful for your reminder to check in. The lobster gnocchi and seared scallops were both fantastic choices. You can't go wrong wrapping things up with some creme brulee and key lime pie. I am happy to see you received attentive, prompt, and friendly service from our team. We are definitely a kid friendly restaurant. I appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Take care,
Kenneth, Owner

“Fresh oysters & amazing lobster bisque”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stopped here for lunch and had the lobster bisque, a dozen oysters, calamari and bloody marys. Everything was top notch. The lobster bisque was seriously delicious and the oysters were very fresh. We would come back just for the lobster bisque - it was that good.

Visited January 2013
restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
vicgould,

Thanks for stopping in! Lobster bisque, calamari, oysters, and Bloody Marys sound like the perfect lunchtime combination. Fresh and tasty seafood is what we're all about. I appreciate your compliments. We can't wait to welcome you back again.

Cheers,
San Rafael, California
“Great for Gluten Free Dining”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good regular menu too. Nice and attentive staff. The food is excellent, both gluten free and regular.

1 Thank abd1958
restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
abd1958,

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you're a fan of ours and that you've found us to be a great spot for gluten-free dining! Excellent food and friendly, attentive service is what we aim for. I appreciate your compliments and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Take care,
San Jose, California
“Bare Bones Seafood Place”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Basically a fast food environment. No real ambiance. Loud music. Food had no style and limited taste. Service was o.k. when they quite talking with each other they "kinda" came by your table to check on you. Tables too close to each other.

• Visited December 2012
restauranteurCarmel, Marketing Agency at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Frequentraveler36,

I appreciate your feedback. I'm disappointed you weren't more impressed with our food and service. We strive to be much more than a fast food environment. I want you to know we are capable of doing significantly better. I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to put our best foot forward. I'm confident we have what it takes to impress you.

“Bbq oysters”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Never had oysters before. These were yummy. I was told they were larger than you get usually. they weren't sure what a bay breeze was(a mixed drink) but did a good job trying

restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
2downings,

I'm glad you tried oysters for the first time! I'm happy to see you liked them. Now it'll be fun for you to order a few different varieties and taste the difference between them. I appreciate your feedback about the bay breeze. I hope you'll join us again!

Thanks,