“Great for Gluten Free Dining”

Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Flaherty's...Fish is Everything! We know good seafood, we know how to buy it and we know how to prepare it. Unlike most restaurants (even the best of them) where fish is often a secondary item on the menu...at Flaherty's it's all about seafood. Here, you will experience a small town, comfortable, family atmosphere, where quality ingredients and quality preparation come together with quality service. We also include gluten free items in our menu to provide all of our customers with the best service possible. It's who we are...come and experience seafood like it was meant to be.
San Rafael, California
“Great for Gluten Free Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good regular menu too. Nice and attentive staff. The food is excellent, both gluten free and regular.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank abd1958
restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
abd1958,

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you're a fan of ours and that you've found us to be a great spot for gluten-free dining! Excellent food and friendly, attentive service is what we aim for. I appreciate your compliments and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Take care,

San Jose, California
“Bare Bones Seafood Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Basically a fast food environment. No real ambiance. Loud music. Food had no style and limited taste. Service was o.k. when they quite talking with each other they "kinda" came by your table to check on you. Tables too close to each other.

• Visited December 2012
restauranteurCarmel, Marketing Agency at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Frequentraveler36,

I appreciate your feedback. I'm disappointed you weren't more impressed with our food and service. We strive to be much more than a fast food environment. I want you to know we are capable of doing significantly better. I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to put our best foot forward. I'm confident we have what it takes to impress you.

“Bbq oysters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Never had oysters before. These were yummy. I was told they were larger than you get usually. they weren't sure what a bay breeze was(a mixed drink) but did a good job trying

restauranteurCarmel, Owner at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
2downings,

I'm glad you tried oysters for the first time! I'm happy to see you liked them. Now it'll be fun for you to order a few different varieties and taste the difference between them. I appreciate your feedback about the bay breeze. I hope you'll join us again!

Thanks,
Healdsburg, California
“Well Known and Busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Large selection of seafood in the past and I understand that now they have added more beef dishes. Conveniently located on Ocean Avenue. The night I was there the food was excellent, but the restaurant was very crowded and noisy.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Vine999
restauranteurCarmel, Marketing Agency at Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Vine999,

Thanks for writing your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We do offer some non-seafood dishes, but still focus on the ocean as our number one source for food! I appreciate your compliments and your recommendation. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,
San Francisco
“Great Fresh Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this place. Great atmosphere and great staff. I loved the food here. Normally you would think you have been to one seafood restaurant you have been to them all, but no not here. The chef here whoever he is does an amazing job with the sauces and cooking the fish perfectly. I had the salmon dish while my wife had the scallop pasta. Wow they were amazing. The pasta dish complemented each other perfectly and the scallops were huge! They didn't get them at the 99 cent store that is for sure. My salmon tasted very fresh and not frozen and seared perfectly. Just the way I like it. I will be back again soon on my next trip to Carmel.

Visited December 2012
Brandon,

Thanks for your review. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your visit! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the kitchen. They work hard and will be thrilled to hear them. The grilled salmon and linguini con pescatore were both wonderful choices. I appreciate your recommendation. We can't wait to welcome you back again the next time you're in town.

Best,