“We ate here 3 times so we must have liked it !”

Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flaherty's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 158 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Flaherty's...Fish is Everything! We know good seafood, we know how to buy it and we know how to prepare it. Unlike most restaurants (even the best of them) where fish is often a secondary item on the menu...at Flaherty's it's all about seafood. Here, you will experience a small town, comfortable, family atmosphere, where quality ingredients and quality preparation come together with quality service. We also include gluten free items in our menu to provide all of our customers with the best service possible. It's who we are...come and experience seafood like it was meant to be.
Dallas, Texas
“We ate here 3 times so we must have liked it !”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What drew us was all the soups - Chowder, Cioppino, Lobster Bisque, Oyster Stew. We enjoyed every meal and the service was terrific. The Oyster stew was awesome, huge whole oysters in a wonderful creamy base. Also had Cioppino the first night and it was terrific. I have had Cioppino and Bar Americain in NYC, Phil's Seafood Market in Moss Landing (Throwdown winner), and here, and what I have learned is - Cioppino is Cioppino. Haven't had a bad one yet. Chock full of clams, shrimp, fish, etc. My wife loved her Fish and Chips and Lobster Bisque. The only pass I would advise is the lobster chili - it tastes like - chili. The lobster is there, but lost in the chili. If you want lobster, order some other preparation.

• Visited August 2012

Santa Clarita California
“A return to excellence”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I have been dining at Flaherty's durring our twice yearly visits to Carmel for the past 28 years. While we have been more that pleased with the great food and service, we felt that our last few visits were not up to par. We gave a less than great review and were contacted by Ken, the owner. Ken is a very gracious and personable man who takes a keen interest in his customers. He invited us to come back and try Flaherty's again. We dined there Friday evening, July 27th and had a great dining experience. We felt like the old Flaherty's was back. I had a Hallibut steak coated with crushed cashews that was simply delicious. Our server was charming and efficient and added to our positive experience. Any problems we may have encountered in the past were clearly overcome and we are pleased to look forward to many great meals there in the future.

Reno, Nevada
“MotoGP week in Carmel”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Love the sand dabs at Flaherty's We go to Carmel once a year and always include dinner there one night. We met a charming couple this year at the nearby table and were having great conversation. Seeing that, when my husband and I hesitated on ordering another glass of wine, she suggested splitting a\ glass. I really appreciated that - and the rest of the service.

Oakdale, California
“Very Good!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I are locals and we never went to Flaherty's! We decided to try it. We are so happy we did, it is a excellant place to eat.He had crab & garlic ravioli it was so good. My bowl of clam chowder was the best I ever had. We will be back for sure , Kayla was our waitress and Anastasia was our hostess and they are AWESOME! P.S. Get the Key Lime Pie for dessert EXCELLANT!

Peoria, Illinois
“Delicious fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

On our last night in Carmel, we tried Flaherty's on a recommendation from our innkeeper. We weren't disappointed. We had reservations and arrived about 20 min early, but only had to wait a few minutes for an available table. Our waitress even switched all our stuff over to a bigger table next to ours when it opened up.

The Moscato was delicious (we bought a bottle to take with us as well) and I really enjoyed my fresh salmon. Best seafood on our California trip. My husband said his halibut was excellent.

And oh my, the dessert! We took it to-go and ate it later by the fire at our inn and it was the most delicious chocolate cake with homemade whipped cream I've ever had! They served it with strawberries too.

The restaurant was definitely crowded and a bit noisy, but the service and food were great, so we'd definitely return.

Visited July 2012