“Excellent Chinese hidden away in Carmel”
Review of Tommy's Wok

Tommy's Wok
Ranked #18 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stumbled across Tommy's searching for somewhere for dinner and since we (2Adults, 2 kids) all love Chinese and Thai foods we thought we'd give it a go. Now no offence to my American friends but as a veteran of many excellent Chinese meals, I can be critical of Chinese restaurants in the US as they can often be heavily "Americanised" and offer a far from authentic experience (no offence intended we can do the same thing in Australia too).

The food was excellent, the meals were very authentic and the service impressive! I was even more impressed by the price as the 4 of us just ate our fill at a Chinese restaurant including 2 glasses of wine and 4 soft drinks for the kids for $90 (plus tip of course).

It is a little difficult to find but it is more than worth the effort!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant is a small hidden treasure. Very casual atmosphere, fast service.I like to go there for lunch as prices are great (especially for Carmel). Portions are so big that usually two people can share or you take it home to finish. I tried their appetizers and lunch specials. Never had a bad meal. Take a look and enjoy your food! I am going back for sure.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Cramped and crowded, we chose to take out. We ordered far too much. It was really lovely and we would not hesitate to try it again if we visit beautiful Carmel in the future. The Singapore Noodles were particularly good.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Got take out from this place on a two night stay in Carmel just for a change to going out for the night! The place is really cramped and isn't very appealing to look at! It was so chaotic when I went in.... Then a local lady informed me it didn't seem to be the usual staff on. Waited about 25 mins for food which is acceptable in a place that was full to capacity and seemed to have a lot of take out orders on the go also. Got two starters and two mains for under $50 so for Carmel that was reasonable. Food wasn't exceptional but it was tasty and plentiful which was all that was needed!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Best eggplant I've ever had! Hot and sour soup was really good too. Place is very small and kind of a hole in the wall, but don't let that scare you away. I would definitely go back.