“Good Food With a Fun Atmosphere”

Baja Cantina & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Baja Cantina & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley Greens Drive
Transit: Monterey-Salinas Transit stops at Valley Hills Center.
Oakland,ca
“Good Food With a Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I had the steak tacos and they were great. As a Brazilian I enjoy well seasoned beans and ther beans were very good. The tortilla chips had a little seaoning on them which was a nice touch.

It is a little out of the way, but worth the drive.

The hostess that seated us didn't seem very enthusiastic, but the service provided by our waiter was excellent.

The atmosphere is young and fun.

Marina, California
“Yum!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place has the best food. I am a vegetarian and am pleased when ever I eat here. The music & outdoor patio is also very nice. You might even spot a chicken or rooster up in the trees or nearby.

Visited October 2012
Aptos
“Not your usual Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We live on the Monterey Bay and we come here frequently - it's one of the best Mexican restaurants in the area, is easy to get to, and has a nice ambience. The menu choices are broad and we haven't found anything we didn't like, although the fish dishes are not the best - try the mole or the mango enchiladas, they're wonderful. Good Margaritas too! Decor is race-car pictures and artifacts, gets a little racier in the men's room.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“I have had better”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was visiting friends and this was their choice.
The mango enchiladas were awesome! Wish I had ordered them.
I had the fish tacos, but they were not very tasty. Actually they were the worst fish tacos I have ever had, and I love fish tacos. They need a new recipe.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Loved the vibe at this spot!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had fabulous service, great food, and a wonderful time. The place was PACKED on a recent Thursday evening. We had reservations for 5 on the patio and sure enough our table was ready and waiting for us. A cover band played a great mix of music for not quite an hour - it was fun to watch people of all ages get up and dance. Sometimes a live band can destroy a dinner experience, but this was not the case - we enjoyed the music and still had plenty of time to talk and enjoy our food. The guacamole was delicious... I had some kind of bbq taco that was great. My mom had a wonderful salad. Someone ordered a burger... can't remember what the other meal was, but we covered a broad range of their menu and everyone left happy and full.

• Visited September 2012