“Fun and Enjoyable place”

Lugano Swiss Bistro
Ranked #71 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rancho Boulevard
Detva, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
“Fun and Enjoyable place”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The menu has changed since I was there over 15 years ago; I enjoy the Onion soup and Trout.
The Place has a Swiss design and Bavarian atmosphere

• Visited November 2012

Carmel, California
“Go there for the Schnitzel but don't expect more”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really wanted to like it there as we both love Switzerland, but sadly we left wanting more. I ordered Chicken and he ordered the various Sausage platter.

We went for a late lunch so the place was empty and the wait staff more concerned with staying in the back then servicing us in the main dining hall.

• Visited January 2013
Elk Grove, CA
“We enjoyed ourselves!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our family of four ordered the Farmer Mountain Sausage Platter, (Pork) Schnitzel, and two orders of the Swiss Pizokel (without the Swiss Chard, kids didn't want the veggie!). We're not experts, but we enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere. We didn't have problems with the wait service and the manager visited our table a couple of times. All the plates ordered was a good-sized portion, Plenty of food for our teenage son. The sausage platter was a good mix with different flavors and surprisingly, not too greasy. The pork schnitzel was cooked well, moist and juicy. My kids both ordered the pizokel, without the chard. They really enjoyed the bacon and the Gruyere cheese in the dish. This restaurant is our VERY FIRST stop in the Monterey/Carmel area for lunch.

• Visited December 2012
Roseville, CA
“I felt like I was in Switzerland.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food was excellent, but the mood and environment was filled with Swiss memorabilia and knick knacks. My wife enjoy the french onion soup and I the sausage plates. We went on a Saturday early lunch, but I bet this place rocks at night.

Visited November 2012
Carmel, California
“Cheap Imitation”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Tried to pass off Budweiser or Miller beer for a Hefeweisen! Seriously! I used to tend bar in Germany, and I definitely know the difference between American lager and the very distinctive taste of Hefeweisen, which is only brewed certain times of the year, so it has a unique taste. So I sent the beer back, and the waiter brings me what they said was a Spaten Oktoberfest, but again, it was an American beer, most likely Michelob or maybe Negro Modelo. C'mon guys. Are you that cheap? The waiter immediately refunded my money. He knew they were pulling a fast one on us! But they were very friendly and the food was great, although the schnitzel was really frozen chicken fried steak. Cheap imitation in my view. Ich hab kein Lust zurueckgehen.

• Visited October 2012