“The only thing gourmet was the price”

La Dolce Vita Ristorante
Ranked #89 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Omaha, NE
“The only thing gourmet was the price”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent one night in Carmel-by-the-Sea, a beautiful area that we plan to return to. My husband wanted pizza and, while going thru a stack of menus at our B&B, came across La Dolce Vita which featured “gourmet pizza”. After stumbling around in the dark, and getting redirected after a stop at a gallery, we finally found the restaurant. Our first clue should have been that there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We were tired and hungry, so we ordered a pizza to share. The pizza crust was burned around the edges, toppings were sparse and the sauce was bland. The only thing gourmet about the pizza was the price. Table service was slow and the waiter never checked back with us or refilled our water glasses. I would not return or recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

California
“Great”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We love dinning here, when in Carmel. My favorite part of their menu are the appetizers... incredible! Skip dessert and save room for them!

Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Italian Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Found this restaurant across from the post office. At lunchtime, we were surprised there wasn't a crowd. Andrea Bocelli was calling me in! great music. First came lightly toasted bread with sundried tomato dip. Delicious. Then house salad, which was carefully made. A chicken, Gorgonzola and mozzarella pizza was perfectly cooked. I had Bolla Chianti, perfect match. Very nice service.

• Visited September 2013
Livermore, California
“Where's the flavor?”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This looks like a nice little restaurant. It was right around the corner from my hotel. The staff was nice. I had a spinach salad and bruschetta. The salad consisted of a pile of spinach, gorgonzola, and dressing. The bruschetta was a pile of tomatos on bread. I expected a little more spice and flavor. I'm not sure why I had to wait 15-20 minutes for this since it could be thrown together in about 30 seconds.

Visited June 2013
Worcester UK
“Excellent service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent, I had lamb shank which was delicious & hubby's pizza was good but a little overcooked.
The bread and special dip was delicious!
Worth a visit for a well priced meal in friendly surroundings