Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$159
$150
Official Site
$549
  • Pool
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$144
$135
Hotels.com
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$520
Coachman's Inn, A Four Sisters Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Orbitz.com
$605
$225
All reviewsfire pitquichebagelslocal wineriesduring sleeping hoursholman ranchsmall parking lotlarge vehiclefree breakfasthard boiled eggsgardens are lovelywalk into townqueen roomcomfortable bedchecking inbaked goodsnice breakfast
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I decided to write a review, though I rarely do, because the staff went above and beyond for me and we only spent a night at the hotel. When we first decided to book a hotel right in Carmel, we had our eye on a hotel closer to the beach that cost upwards of $150 on Expedia. However, when we stopped by to check it out we were disappointed with the rooms and decided to take a shot at checking out this hotel at $50 for the same night. Well the room ended up being cozier and the hotel was much more appealing. We overheard Nick giving advise on the restaurant selection and decided to take his recommendation. He was very patient with us looking at the room and taking it over before we took the room. It turned out to be a very pleasant evening with a walk to the center of town with shops and restaurants. The breakfast the following morning was delightful, all for $50. But the best part was after a few days back home in LA I realized that I left my newly bought (I fell in love with) Irish wool sweater in the room, I called and got a hold of Rosie and she quickly found my sweater and offered to send it to me. I was very glad, but also grateful that they were willing to go the extra step for me. She told me that the hotel is under new management and maybe that explains why the negative reviews represent nothing of my experience. I decided I needed to do them some justice and write about my very positive experience. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if it is cheaper than others in the area. The only think that I wish they had at the reception are some flashlights to borrow as the dark streets can be a challenge to navigate in the total darkness.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyDiLosAngeles
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to San Francisco. We had read negative reviews but decided to give it a shot due to the Inn being under new ownership. I am happy to say that we were pleased with our choice. The management team was extremely friendly and helpful, they even upgraded us to a cottage during our stay. It is obvious that the new ownership cares about the property as they are making upgrades and new additions.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Inn is a quick drive from the main action that is Carmel. They do have a free breakfast which consists of bagels, fruit, coffee and hard boiled eggs etc. Another plus is that they also have free wifi for guests.

Perfect stay for those who want a quaint place to stay and don't need to have an upscale or "hoity toity" ambience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janine K
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love the staff here, they are very knowledgable with the area and I was very appreciative with the recommendations they gave me to every restaurant and activity they told us about. The price was great as well and the Inn is nice and cozy. Breakfast was a plus as well as the free wifi which I loved since I can do work and travel with my wife at the same time. I do not know what other people are talking about complaining about the noise and the rude service, I experience none of this when I was here. I will definitely be back and experience Carmel again since you cannot do it all in one day.

Room Tip: I noticed when I booked directly with Carmel Crystal Inn, they were more flexible to move me to my requested upstairs room. I really appreciated that and I loved how my room had a view of the ocean. Who knew!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was a little leery of booking this hotel based on some of the reviews here, and am so glad I ignored the nasties and snides. Such as, remarks about being by the road, think about it folks: this is Carmel where they do not have street lights so it's very calm and dark at night. The speed limit is 25 mph so the cars passing are not making that much noise. The room I had was simply incredible, considering the more than reasonable price compared with the overpriced options elsewhere. Even the breakfast (compared with an overpriced option I'd taken recently where it consisted of a quarter of a muffin and a tiny cup of coffee) was rather complete. Round it all out with very friendly, effective and well-informed staff, you can't beat this place. Sure you can pay an outrageous price and sit next to the beach, or you can have this quiet little piece of heaven (don't miss the garden with the fountain, pure tranquility!) and you know what? I even could see the ocean from my room! I had the best of if all, and I didn't have to starve to keep within budget to do so. In closing, I'm not sure what hotel these other reviewers visited, but it certainly can't have been the Carmel Crystal Bay Inn!! I will stay here every time I visit Carmel in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Pointlessly
Reviewed October 27, 2012

To make a long story short, we made reservations in Nov. 2011 for a 3 night stay in sept. 2012 and were billed for it at the time of reservations, this was fine, so when we showed up on Sept 22, 2012, we knew we owed nothing for our stay. I made sure of this when I registsered and the clerk told me I was all set. We had no complaints during our stay, but a couple of weeks later after we returned home, we received our credit card bill for Sept, and I immediately noticed we were charged again for another 3 night stay. I called right away and asked the clerk to have the manager call me, which he did and he gave me a rediculous story about how he had taken over for the previous owner who fled town, and of course with our prepaid payment, and he didnt think he should lose this money. He never mentioned before we showed up or when we showed up that he was going to charge us again. We are not responsible for paying this a second time, when you take over a business, you take on all the negative issues with it. He told us to take it up with our credit card company and file a dispute with them, which is just what we did. Please people, pay attention to this, you could be next.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank frank b
Brian L, Public Relations Manager at Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We apologize on behalf of the old owner who is now wanted and did many things to give this Inn a bad reputation. As I stated with you before, all you had to call your credit card company with the amount that he charged you because what he did was illegal. The new ownership has nothing to do with the old owner so that is why I suggested to call the credit card company about this issue. Instead you think we double charged you, but only charged you the night you stayed with us. I am sorry it didn't work out as planned. I hope you have a better experience the next time you are in Carmel.