“Customer unfriendly”

Ranked #18 of 26 Carmel B&B and Inns
Ware, Hertfordshire
“Customer unfriendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Shame it doesn't look as good as the website photos as the room looked tired and the wallpaper was peeling in places. Could do with a redecoration as the gardens seemed well cared for. It was a shame as the layout of the hotel was interesting with seperate accomodation buildings and the location was handy to get to Monterey. We booked 1 night as we had a whale watching trip booked the next morning and had to leave for Monterey by 8am at the latest. When checking in the receptionist said the reception and breakfast did not open until 8am and they couldn't make an exception for us. We felt like we were inconveniencing them for the sake of just 15 minutes and, even though breakfast was included in the price, no offer of making us a take out/pack up was made.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I knew i was spending the weekend in Carmel on business, so I decided to stay at the carmel crystal Inn due to their competitive prices and nice website. Upon checking in, I was greeted with a very warm welcome. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were always willing to give me good information, and always with a smile! I was informed of some very nice restaurants in the area, and ended up trying one out and it was amazing! best meal I had all weekend, by far.

The breakfast was fantastic. I was actually expecting much less, but the inn exceeded my expectations with fresh pastries made by a local bakery, eggs and very good yogurt! There was also a fruit salad and it was very fresh!

The rooms were the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. There was a very big flat screen tv and even a microwave and fridge! oh yeah, and a fireplace too! Needless to say I was satisfied. all for a fraction of what other hotels in town were charging.

I had an absolutely wonderful stay and i will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Steven H
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My Sister & I spent two nights. Our RM #14 had black walls. We had to get assistance to start the fire place from Mgr. This alone needs to get reported to the Fire Dept. The lamp shades were cracked & broken. They did not even hook onto their stand. The Continental Breakfast is a JOKE. The reuse the fruit from the previous day. The baked pastries were old. I only wish I would have read the reviews. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family