“Great location and accomodations in Carmel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea

Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
South Africa
“Great location and accomodations in Carmel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great location right in downtown Carmel, excellent price, very clean, nice furniture (large for room), very comfortable bed, basic but good breakfast. Hosts are very accommodating. We had friends stay before and provided great feedback. We visited Carmel in May and all the other hotels were booked so chose the Comfort Inn. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Morro Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Carmel is a beautiful town, its bright sand beaches protected from the sometimes harsh Pacific by a sheltered bay. This hotel is an easy walk from the beach, along streets with fine restaurants and interesting shops. The hotel is comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. It matches the story-book charm of the town.

Room Tip: The rooms are all great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael W
Yorba Linda, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful room but was so small had to be very careful to avoid bumping into furniture. The bed is too big for the room because it was built in the early 1900 s when the beds were smaller. Parking was not available for all rooms and the streets were full due to summer tourist. Nice breakfast and the staff was friendly. Would try to find another place next time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vellet2014
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This motel is ideally situated at the edge of Carmel. The motel grounds are beautifully landscaped and the court yard is nice and quiet for breakfast, etc. The room was comfortable, and the service great

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Both me, my wife & niece stayed here from 6/23/14-6/24/14. The property & Room was good but the staff is what dampened our experience. Before we even left our home (3hours away) to head to Carmel I received a phone call around 10AM from the comfort in saying they couldn't authorize my payment on my credit card. I made this reservation online & it specifically stated they would authorize $1 & that I would pay the full amount upon check in (I still have the email that states this) but he was insistent that I needed to have the full amount paid before 1pm.. Soooo I went to the bank to do some transfers which was very inconvenient. The night of the 23rd we wanted to hook our DVD player up to there Flat Screen Samsung TV, however none the buttons on the TV weren't working to change inputs & this is something that cant be done from the Comcast remote. When we called front desk he told me "honestly I don't know anything about the TV" then my wife called him like 15 minutes later and he pretty much told her "oh well" now this was at like midnight and it was the same man which called me about 12 hours earlier that day about the credit card authorization which tells me he most likely stays on the property & he was most likely the hotel/property manager. I'm guessing he was very tired at the end of the day so in my oppinion he needs to hire night/morning staff that has the energy/fresh customer service to handle such simple issues. Otherwise the rooms were small yet nice & cozy, parking was horrible & I had to park on the street. I also notice fresh white paint on the scraped bumper of my car when we made a pit stop for gas which tells me someone hit my car at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in June and found the hotel very comfortable. It was clean, had a nice flat screen tv and a comfortable bed and decent water pressure. My husband enjoyed the breakfast. I would stay here again. The only problem was we had someone above our room that was walking all over and moving about at 11:30 p.m. and woke us. I would try to get a top floor next visit.

Room Tip: Would choose an upstairs room next time as we had a noisey neighbor above us that woke us up.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here in Carmel for two nights and really couldn't fault anything. To sum it up:
1. The location is perfect. The town is just outside your door and everything is within walking distance.
2. The room was spacious and the bed was large and very comfortable. In fact, it was one of the best beds we had on our 5 week trip to America.
3. Breakfast was a good selection of cereals/fruit/coffee and even has its' own waffle machine where you can make plain or blueberry waffles. Brilliant!
4. Plenty of parking available
5. The host was lovely and helpful.
6. The wifi signal was strong and speed was fast.
7. The bathroom was clean and showerhead was great.
I highly recommend staying here for your trip to Carmel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple