“Outstanding Value and Comfort”

Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Hercules, California
“Outstanding Value and Comfort”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Close to all the shops, clean, comfortable and friendly staff. A bargain in the high rent area. This will be at the top of my list upon returning.

The breakfast was very good. Contrary to some hotels, there is limited on site parking .... a big plus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irvin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here in DEC 2013 with a friend as part of our tour of the Central Coast. The hotel is located at the top of Ocean Ave so you are right there by all of the shops and restaurants of Carmel.

If you want a fancy hotel, this isn't it. But if you want a very clean, newly redocorated and refurbished hotel with good parking and a nice but simple exterior and you want to save some money, I would recommend this place. The owner is alo the manager so you get a higher level of service than you might otherwise get. The free breakfast was quite good with large variety and plenty to eat with fresh fruit, danishes, waffles, yogurt, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Hotel Suite was very pleasant. The service provided by the staff was exceptional.
I will make the same choice when I return to Carmel. The free breakfast was superb.
The scenery around the hotel was extremely pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn C, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
First of all let me thank for giving us a 5 star rating by taking the time out of your schedule to complete the Survey on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel & we do appreciate your business.

Again, thank you for staying with us.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable, clean, good breakfast, convenient location, very friendly and helpful receptionist at the front desk - I believe Susie is her name. Excellent cost-benefit! We were orinally staying for only one night and then moving on to Monterey, but decided to take a day trip to Monterey and go back to Carmel for two more nights! Best thing we did!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula M
Boyne City, Michigan
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Checked many hotels in Carmel and this seemed to be the best value. Very limited cramped parking and upon our arrival we witnessed a jeep in the parking lot that backed right into an SUV parked on the street, quite a bit of damage and they just drove off! Hotel is within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Desk clerk was friendly but the main issue for us were the thin walls-our boisterous neighbors were swearing and having loud conversations till 1 a.m. when my husband pounded on the wall and asked them to quiet down (they did). Free Wifi and nice complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: try many websites to find the best value in Carmel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank walloongirl
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Have often stayed in Comfort Inn's and knew what to expect. This one was quiet, clean, good beds, easy sleeping, and a short block off the downtown area. Parking was a little 'interesting' as they seem to have more rooms than parking stalls, which may require parking on the street.
It is an attractive setting, with lots of hanging flower baskets. Breakfasts were fine, and standard for motels which provide them.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I picked this hotel for a three-day stay to start my trip down the Pacific Coast Highway and see the Monterey Aquarium and the sights around Carmel. It looked to be highly rated, quiet and comfortable even if a little pricier than I planned to spend. Well, it looked good but the service from start to finish was terrible and the staff, starting with the manageress who greeted me was surly, arrogant and defensive. For instance, when I put in a wakeup call (I'd forgotten my travel alarm) so I could meet someone in town, they evidently misheard the room number. Then, when I called about it after missing my appointment, even though I had given it to them quite clearly the night before--and a paying guest--instead of an apology I got an accusation that I had given them the wrong room number. Nor were the willing or able to give me any directions, even to nearby places. In addition, their breakfast was the same old prepackaged stuff that you find at all the cheaper inns, and the building was old with thin walls so you heard your neighbor snoring. That said, the location is nice, but so are most places in Carmel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Barbara D
ComfortCA845, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We appreciate your compliments as it relates to our location and guest room comfort, We apologize that your experience was not up to your satisfaction and that we fell short in meeting your needs. Although I would not characterize our hotel as Overrated as seen by many of the positive reviews posted by previous guests, we will work hard to improve our already high customers service standards. We strive to provide the best customer experience from a service and guestroom standpoint. I will share your comments with our staff as we are always trying to improve.