Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$159
$150
Official Site
$549
  • Pool
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$144
$135
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
$520
Coachman's Inn, A Four Sisters Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$199
Hotels.com
$605
$225
Travelocity
All reviewscarmel by the seagreat locationdutch doorswaffle makershops and restaurantsparking is limitedocean avewithin walking distancewould stay here againfree breakfastyogurtone night staydowntown carmelnice breakfastroad tripthe main streetrooms are small
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a decent stay at this hotel, we liked our room (much more interesting than the usual Comfort Inn we have experienced - older, and with more character), and the location was wonderful (right next to downtown - easy walking everywhere, and very close to a grocery store). The stay was odd because of the woman at the front desk - she was quite abrupt when I checked in, and seemed like she was trying to get me out the door as quickly as she could (I asked if she had any maps of the Big Sur and she said "yes, you can look at it in the morning" even though she had a whole stack of maps available which she could have easily directed me to). The next morning she sternly said to my husband that the breakfast was self serve, and as we were leaving she whispered to me that she hoped I would "make nice" in a review. The hotel was nice, but she was pretty unpleasant, and seemed to stare at people disapprovingly during breakfast. I think maybe she should let someone with better customer service skills work the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathbrarian
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay in Carmel , last minute. We called and spoke to Susie the owner who was very pleasant and accommodating . We we very pleasantly surprised at the location of the inn which was walking minutes away from downtown Carmel . The room was very clean and the price was right. We will defiantly be returning regularly.it was great to be able to park our car and be within walking distance of everything.
Strongly recommend if you want great value and clean rooms
Belinda and Patrick

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Belinda S
Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was our first time in Comfort Inn and we chose it only because of the price (because Carmel is already overpriced especially during the high season) and there was no other option for us in the center of the town. We also liked the possibility to park on site, and the location of the B&B itself.
I had bad vibes when I first called in to make sure they could provide a crib for our 1 year old baby and the receptionist almost hang up on me.
Unfortunately, our stay did not live up to our expectations. Dark, run down, small, unstylish room. Very noisy due to the thin walls. It reminded me of the hostels I have been to when I was young.
Staff had a very unfriendly attitude, despite the efforts to the face. None of our minor requests were addressed, only to receive dismissive answers.
Breakfast was nothing special. One of those that require an early lunch.

Generally speaking, Carmel is overpriced and this hotel is no exception. There are several hundred cosy, beautiful, rewarding destinations around the world that deserve more, A couple of nights stay anywhere in California already pays for the airline ticket to Europe (or elsewhere).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a nice little Inn. It is ideally located, just steps away from downtown Carmel. Yet, it is just far enough from downtown that it is very quiet. I basically parked the car for a few days and was able to walk throughout town.

The parking lot is very small and will not hold all guest vehicles. However, there is parking available on the street in front of the hotel.

My room was very clean and everything was relatively up to date. The bed was comfortable and the room did come with a safe to store valuables.

The only drawback is that the walls are very thin. As a result, you can easily hear your neighbors in the adjacent rooms.

This is the first accommodation I've tried in this area and would have no problem returning if my travels take me back to Carmel....which has great shopping and restaurants!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JourneyThruTheLens
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We recently stayed here and were very pleased with the rooms, location and staff. We arrived very late our first night and Susie the manager stayed past the office closing time to give us our rooms. The location could not be better, across the road is a deli store with everything you could possibly want. We brought food from there and sat out in the courtyard at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends