“Quiet clean room in Carmel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea

Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Pennington,NJ
“Quiet clean room in Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Positives of this hotel are beautiful outside, decent location, good breakfast and comfortable room with everything working. Negative would be the key needed reactivated everyday? (there for 3 days), walk to ocean is long and down/uphill (top of the hill), no computer and no service for printing boarding pass which should be available for guests, front desk not very good at telling you were to find this service exactly.
Carmel is a picturesque, flowery courtyard fairytale place. It is dog friendly which I love and the dogs are all sweet and free to roam the beach. This place is so clean they have butt suckers LOL which I've never seen and everyone respects their beach and attitude. It is hard to find "warm, customer service" people. I did find this on my visit to a Mantra, the facial place (highly recommend Carmina) and the hair stylist next to it Mission (right behind lulu's chocolate). There was also two outstanding french restaurants there as well with excellent customer service. I highly recommend the spas on Mission, the restaurants there and the artists who wonder their galleries. The ocean is rough at Carmel (rip currents). Several surfers hit this area near Pebble Beach golf course. The town is my very favorite to visit in all of CA, do picturesque and alluring but bring warm friends with you!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room off of Ocean Ave. Some rooms have cool windows that open up and there are li...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Naturefreak
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We appreciate all the positive comments that you enjoyed during your stay and we take your suggestions seriously as our staff are always looking to improve each guest stay. Thank you for your beautiful description of the Carmel Village and your many dining suggestions you provided as many new travelers are looking to try new places based on travelers experience. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel and Carmel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wow, we love it here, it's a great place to stay in Carmel by the sea!! Everything is within walking distance including the beach! The accommodations are great and Susie's service and hospitality are exceptional!!!! We will definitely come back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robin M
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your return to the Comfort Inn carmel. I will pass along your positive messages to Susie as she works hard to make each and every guest experience memorable. we look forward to your next Carmel Getaway!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent two nights at Comfort Inn, Carmel By The Sea (original plan was only one night) but a combination of the beauty of Carmel and the excellent experience at the Comfort Inn convinced my companion and I that we needed a second night. I will confine my remarks to the Comfort Inn and in particular the Inn's manager SUSIE. This Comfort Inn is picturesque, very clean and very well managed and SUSIE gets all the credit in my opinion. There was nothing she didn't fail to provide from extra coffee packages for the in room coffee maker (not requested but obviously picked up by SUSIE during comments I made about the good coffee) to even offering me a different room for the second night if I wanted one (I thankfully declined
as the first night's room was perfect). The free breakfast was sumptuous and was well looked over by SUSIE to be sure all her guests were satisfied. If you visit Carmel By The Sea please gve the Comfort Inn a call for a room. You will be ver happy you did. We stayed at the Comfort Inn the nights of October 7and8.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe T
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing you great experience at the Comfort Inn Carmel. We were so happy that you decided to stay a second night as Carmel and the surrounding area are so enjoyable that you definitely need a second day to explore. I was so happy to hear to describe our hotel and its many beautiful qualities. I appreciate all the positive comments about Susie as she does a wonderful in taking care of each and every guest and ensuring there comfort and enjoyment during there stay at the Comfort Inn. I will make sure to share your comments with her. We look forward to your next visit to Carmel!
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a pretty basic place to stay and one of the cheapest in Carmel. It is perfect for walking in to town to shop and dine or even go to the beach. The room, however, seemed dirty to me. The floors were dirty and there were some stains on the carpet and walls. The bed was not comfortable and the blanket on the bed looked old and well worn. The bathroom looked clean and recently updated. Overall, I would probably not stay here again. I would rather pay a little extra for a clean and more up-to-date room. The location was the best part.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you most recent experience at the Comfort Inn Carmel. I apologize that all of your needs were not met during your stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Carmel Village as well as our well priced rooms. We take room cleanliness very seriously as you can see from the number of positive reviews we have had complimenting our housekeeping staff. I will share your comments with them as thery are always trying to improve the guest experience.
Belmont, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Rooms in Carmel aren't cheap, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this little gem so close to the heart of Carmel for such a reasonable price. You can walk out your door and be right there on the block where all the shops and restaurants begin. Our room was small, but very clean and updated...nice flat screen TV and renovated bathroom. Cute little brick patio outside too. The breakfast included with price was an expanded form that included a waffle station, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins, sweet rolls, eggs, sausage coffee and juice. When you deduct the cost of a breakfast out from the already cheap room rate, I felt like I really scored on this one. Now it was a AAA rate and it was October, so maybe the prices would be higher during summer. Susie, the manager at the desk was very friendly and helpful. In fact when we told her our coffeemaker didn't work, she immediately and I mean immediately sent someone up with a new one. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlumurray
ComfortInnCarmel, Manager at Comfort Inn Carmel By The Sea, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most recent review about your stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel by the Sea. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location which you mentioned is walking distance to all restaraunts, art galleries, and shopping that Carmel has to offer. As you mentioned Comfort Inn Hotels now offer the new and improved "Yours Truly Breakfast" which includes waffle station, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins, sweet rolls, eggs, sausage coffee and juice. The breakfast is provided daily on a complimentary basis which our guests appreciate. Our hotel has gone through many improvements which you mentioned and makes our rates very competitive. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The rooms here are far better than the Comfort Inn brand might suggest. Clean, modern, and tastefully decorated. Our only complaint was that it was very easy to hear sounds from neighboring rooms -- even just normal TV volume was audible from the next room. But for the price relative to other options, we thought it was still a good value.

Location is excellent if you're focused on Ocean Blvd. -- easy walking distance to all the shops and galleries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikelovesutah
Dear Guest,

I was so happy to hear you appreciate your stay with to be a tremendous value for price paid. With our clean, modern, and tastefully decorated guest rooms and excellent location, many guest find much comfort and enjoyment during there stay with us. Our Staff works very hard to provide the best customer service so that each guest has a special experience when visiting our beautiful area. Thanks again for your business and we look forward to your return.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Spent one night here in September and were pleasantly surprised with this Comfort Inn. The price was reasonable as far as Carmel prices go and the location was ideal for wondering around the town. We had a lovely large room on the second floor which was spotlessly clean and well equipped with everything we could want. The manager Susie was very helpful and accommodating even when I managed to accidentally break the jug of the coffee maker! Breakfast was better than expected with plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, waffles, eggs and sausage to choose from. Overall I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice comments you recently posted about the Comfort Inn Carmel. I truly appreciate the recomendation of our hotel to future travelers as many guest base their decisions on reading these reviews. I will pass along your nice comments on room cleanliness to our housekeeping staff as they do work very hard so that each guest enjoy their experience at our hotel. Susie will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you return soon.