“Great place for lunch outdoors” 4 of 5 bubbles

Village Corner
Ranked #31 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colleyville, Texas
“Great place for lunch outdoors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a very good lunch on the patio. Service was attentive, and the menu has a nice selection. Our food was very good. I would definitely go back.

Seattle
“Decent lunch ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

A decent lunch ... unfortunately the service was, well ... too slow, even though the restaurant was almost empty. We were seated and got our drinks promptly. Then the waiter disappeared for 15 minutes, although one of the helpers got us refills on our drink. The waiter returned, took our order and our food was delivered within 10 minutes. My order (the San Francisco BELT) was pretty good, although the fries were pretty soggy. After bringing our lunch, the waiter disappeared again; this time for about 20 minutes. I don't know if this is considered a relaxed pace, but I found it a bit annoying. Anyway, after another 15 minutes, I eventually had to go to the register to get and pay my bill. If it wasn't for the food, I'd have given Village a lower score.

Pleasanton, California
“Favorite breakfast place in Carmel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Carmel, having first visited 57 years ago on our honeymoon and averaging three or four visits a year ever since. We have tried many other places for breakfast in Carmel but our favorite and by far the most frequented is Village Corner. The food and service are always excellent and the heated patio is great even on the coolest mornings for allowing us to bring our little pooch to breakfast

Oakland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and Relaxing Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Village Corner while staying in Carmel last week, their spinach salad with shrimp. The food was excellent, the waitstaff very friendly and respectful. The prices were reasonable and the wine was excellent. Meeting a friend there for lunch proved to be an excellent choice. The outdoor patio dining was delightful. I see why this restaurant has been in operation for over 60 years! It was charming indeed.

• Visited October 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“A really great evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I were driving up the California coast for our vacation. We stopped at Carmel, and ate at this restaurant for dinner. We went late, around 9pm, so there were only other couples dining too which was nice pleasant atmosphere. I was immediately attracted to the fact that it had an outdoor patio that had warm heaters above the tables and a large outdoor center fireplace! It really made dining such a nice experience! I had the lobster penne, and it was perfect comfort food for me on a chilly outdoor night, delicious and hot. The bread is good and the dipping sauce that comes with it had SO much flavor. The food came out pretty fast. I also had the berry panna cotta and their rose champagne. It was pretty much a perfect evening. Thank you! :)

• Visited October 2013