“Great dining experience”
Review of Rio Grill

Rio Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 160 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rio Road
Transit: Public Transit is just a few yards from the restaurant.
Description: Rio Grill, located in the Crossroads in Carmel, has been the place to meet friends, enjoy tasty, flavorful food and relax with a refreshing cocktail or glass of wine for over 28 Years. Chef Yontz' creative American dishes are some of the most flavorful, colorful and vibrant on the Monterey Peninsula and celebrate flavor in every mouthwatering bite! In addition to the main dining room, Rio Grill has a comfortable lounge and full bar serving refreshing libations including the restaurant's famous "Rio Rita." The bar is lined with colorful caricatures of local faces and celebrities. Rio Grill's award-winning wine list features more than 160 labels featuring a ton of local wineries and an extensive selection available by the glass. For more information on Rio Grill, please visit our website at riogrillcom. The restaurant opens for lunch every day at 11:30 and serves straight through until 9:30 PM. Rio also serves a great brunch on Sundays from 11:30 - 3:00PM. Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4:00pm-6:30 and Sunday 4:00-6:30.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We saw a lot of locals eating and celebrating birthdays here, so that was the first sign of a place with good food.
I tried the crispy pork shank per other reviews....it was excellent. I usually have a tough time finding a nice place to eat in the Carmel/Monterey area, so this place was a pleasant surprise. Service was excellent as was their drink selection.

There are newer reviews for Rio Grill

Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the reviews, we thought we would enjoy Rio Grill. Let me just say the most fun part of our meal was the crayons on the table. It was busy, but we were seated right away. Good sign. Or so I thought. I ordered the fish special. it arrived COLD and BLAND. The broccoli and cauliflower mix of grilled veggies was more than cold. I swear they were just defrosted! Husband had the chicken and it was also bland. My youngest daughter had the ribs and they were so tough we couldn't even cut them with a knife. Forget chewing them.

For the price we expected more.

Pass the salt, please.

**I gave it 2 stars because it was a clean place. And the waiter was friendly and polite. And because they have crayons.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was in Carmel for business and this was recommended by a local. Excellent! I had the pork loin. The cliente is a little older (60's) but that's Carmel.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Busy restaurant which is always a good sign. Had good reviews on yelp so we gave it a try. Were going to bring our own wine in but they have a $20 corkage fee so not worth it.
Empanada appetizer was delish! I had the short rib and could have licked my plate clean if I had the room. Every part of it was good. My friend had the ahi tuna special which needed a bit more spice but was also good.
Wait staff were all very friendly and so was the hostess. Because of how busy it was, it was very loud.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

They have an excellent salad and the homemade ice cream is also quite good. The staff is nice and attentive. The location has a good atmosphere but it is quite noisy at times.