“Great breakfast!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Modesto, California
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great breakfast menu and outdoor seating was very nice. Service started off very slow, but they somewhat redeemed themselves once they actually took our order.

• Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“The most awesome breakfast ever!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We found out about Katy's Place through Trip Advisor and thought it warranted a visit. We were so glad we did! Over our nearly 3 week vacation in California and Nevada this was easily the best breakfast we had. I have never seen a breakfast menu so long and it wasn't a surprise that there was a constant stream of customers through the door. We only had one day in Carmel but had we had more, Katy's would have been our breakfast spot every day!

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great way to start the day”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

huge menu, tons of people, great little place in Carmel-by-the-Sea. I had a waffle absolutely covered in fresh strawberries. I also enjoyed a taste of a delicious omelette and had great, prompt service despite the huge crowd. I wish I would have had more room for a biscuit as I only tried mine. Delish!
I love this cozy, bust, bustling spot with it's total Carmel vibe. Sadly, we went on our last day there--I'd have revisited.

**cash only**

• Visited August 2013
Carmel, California
“Wonderful and filling breakfast”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Katy's has a menu that is larger then the standard breakfast fare and so are the portions. My husband and I shared on of the many benedicts because they are all three eggs and three English muffin halves. Think about sharing if you can as no ne around us was able to finish their plates. There is outside dining on the porch and dogs are welcome there. Service was friendly. Overall an excellent way to start the morning.

• Visited August 2013
Simsbury, Connecticut
“Remarkable in PRICE not in taste or quality”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

First, the restaurant only takes cash. Our bill for 3 seafood omelets, one western omlet and 2 diet cokes plus tip was over $100 (yes, one hundred dollars). Had this been a WOW breakfast, we would have been fine with the price.

The featured ingredients of the seafood omelet were lobster, shrimp, and crab. Being on the CA coast and at a highly recommended restaurant specializing in breakfast, we expected fresh ingredients. Not so. The shrimp were tiny, canned salad shrimp. The crab was tough (never knew crab could be tough). The lobster bites were few, but the best of the three ingredients. This omelet cost over $20 EACH. It would have been better priced at 3 for $20.

I'm not sure what was "off" in our second son's western omelet, but he ate only half of it. Had made no comment.

The service was slow and when we were finally offered refills on our cokes, the coke was poured from a glass and not a pitcher. I have no idea where that refill glass came from.

Perhaps, our mistake was ordering BIG based on a BIG reputation. This meal was remarkable only in how much it cost versus how much it was really worth.

• Visited September 2013