“Gluten free lunch in Carmel CA at Katy's”
Review of Katy's Place

Katy's Place
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Very busy eatery serving breakfast and lunch. We were seated right away at the counter. There was a 10 minute wait for a table. No gluten free menu but many selections of "safe" food available. I ordered a Santa Fe chicken breast sandwich with out the bread, husband went for the Ruben Sandwich. Seated facing the chefs and prep area I can say Don't get butter on the side. I can see the butter cups are stored under the toasters and crumbs are all over them. Meal came and went right back the chicken was smothered in a milk based sauce and the potatoes were cooked in butter. Be very specific when ordering. At least I can see they are using fresh chicken breast. I watched the preparation this time and they kept my food separated from contaminates. They provide very generous portions. Husbands Ruben was tasty my chicken very tender and covered in spicy guacamole. The potato salad was fresh but bland. Overall a good lunch but reiterate the allergies you have to make sure they get your order correct.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Breakfast this morning at Katy's Place, based on various reviews. It was very busy but we were able to get seating right away at the counter. That was fun as we could watch the kitchen at work! My lady ordered an omelette, while I had the hash and eggs. Both were excellent, as was the coffee and fresh grapefruit juice. Friendly, efficient service. Not cheap but the portions were so large that neither of us ate anything until dinner - about nine hours later! Be sure to have cash as it is a cash only business. If you do have to wait - it is well worth it.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family visits this restaurant very time we visit Carmel and it has a great breakfast. We have ordered waffles, pancakes, omelets, and just eggs and everything has tasted great! It is popular so you have to go early or you will have to wait for a seat, but it is well worth it!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Katy's is the perfect breakfast spot in Carmel. It was so good we went there for breakfast again the following day and were equally impressed. The service was quick and friendly. We went during the week and didn't have to wait for a table but I can imagine there would be a queue at the weekend. The breakfast menu is extensive with around 15 different eggs benedict dishes, as well as an excellent selections of eggs, pancake, french toast dishes etc. I tried the classic eggs benedict and Katy's eggs benedict, both of which were delicious. The portions are huge so you definitely get good value for money. If you are looking for a hearty breakfast in Carmel before a day of wine tasting look no further than Katy's.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Breakfast doesn't get better than this, but be prepared to wait in line on busy weekends. Worth the wait.