“Lobster Omelette!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
San Francisco, California
“Lobster Omelette!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Read the great reviews, and wanted to try Katy's Place for breakfast. I'm glad we did. The service was excellent. The food was amazing, the lobster omelette was the best omelette I ever had, with large chunks of lobster. Yum! It was a bit cramped inside, but when the food came, we didn't even notice. There is also outdoor seating to take advantage of on a nice day. It's a cash only establishment, so be prepared. Definitely going back to Katy's Place the next time we're in Carmel.

Ft. Worth
“Eggs Benedict Galore”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

There must be a dozen different eggs benedict choices but it's the pancakes & waffles that are the biggest & best. The portions are HUGE! Be prepared to wait as this is a very popular breakfast/brunch spot. Also it is cash only.

Princeton, New Jersey
“Bring An Appetite”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Is this the best breakfast ever? Well, no it's not, but it is really, really good, especially if you are an Eggs Benedict junkie. Having read the reviews, we rolled in at 7:05am and were the second table in the place. The service was excellent; the food was very well prepared, and served fairly quickly. The portions are enormous, even by US standards, so be prepared, my European friends.....

Was it expensive? Yes it was. Was it worth it? For me, yes it was. I had the absolute best Huevos Rancheros I have ever tasted, and my daughter pronounced the pancakes as "to die for". My wife loved her eggs and actually went back to the counter to try and learn a trick or two by watching the guys crank them out. One caveat: Be prepared to either walk for a few hours afterwards or pass out for the rest of the day. We drove over to Point Lobos and spent the rest of the morning on the trails, so no worries there.

Would I go back? Heck yeah, but I'd eat a light supper the night before.

By the time we left, the place was full and so were we.

Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum-E!!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of the best breakfasts I had while on holiday. You are seated & served quickly, the staff are friendly, food is fantastic and prices were reasonable (for Carmel!) varying from about $10 - $18 for more exotic specials. My husband had pancakes with cream and fresh fruit, and I had potato pancakes with smoked salmon, and both were flawless! Well cooked and beautifully presented.

If we find ourselves back in Carmel, we will definitely make sure we're there in morning so we can have breakfast at Katy's!

San Francisco, California
“Big Portions, Big Prices, and Leave your Pooch at Home”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We choose Katy's for breakfast because they have an outdoor patio and were indicated on the Carmel tourist map as dog friendly. Unfortunately that means small, lap dogs only. We tied out puppy up on the outside of the patio, got a table and ordered our meal. The specialty of the house is Eggs Benedict served several different ways. We ordered one dish to share and swapped the potatoes for a fruit salad. Even so, I thought the portions were enormous so this is a good place to go if you have a really big appetite. The hollandaise sauce was unfortunately tasteless and smothered the eggs, ham and muffins. This is a cash only place and I thought $30 plus tip for what we got was not a good value. The service is friendly and prompt so if you are dog-less and really hungry you might really like this place.