WINNER WONDERLAND

Katy's Place
Ranked #13 of 153 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Princeton, New Jersey
“Bring An Appetite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Is this the best breakfast ever? Well, no it's not, but it is really, really good, especially if you are an Eggs Benedict junkie. Having read the reviews, we rolled in at 7:05am and were the second table in the place. The service was excellent; the food was very well prepared, and served fairly quickly. The portions are enormous, even by US standards, so be prepared, my European friends.....

Was it expensive? Yes it was. Was it worth it? For me, yes it was. I had the absolute best Huevos Rancheros I have ever tasted, and my daughter pronounced the pancakes as "to die for". My wife loved her eggs and actually went back to the counter to try and learn a trick or two by watching the guys crank them out. One caveat: Be prepared to either walk for a few hours afterwards or pass out for the rest of the day. We drove over to Point Lobos and spent the rest of the morning on the trails, so no worries there.

Would I go back? Heck yeah, but I'd eat a light supper the night before.

By the time we left, the place was full and so were we.

Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum-E!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of the best breakfasts I had while on holiday. You are seated & served quickly, the staff are friendly, food is fantastic and prices were reasonable (for Carmel!) varying from about $10 - $18 for more exotic specials. My husband had pancakes with cream and fresh fruit, and I had potato pancakes with smoked salmon, and both were flawless! Well cooked and beautifully presented.

If we find ourselves back in Carmel, we will definitely make sure we're there in morning so we can have breakfast at Katy's!

San Francisco, California
“Big Portions, Big Prices, and Leave your Pooch at Home”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We choose Katy's for breakfast because they have an outdoor patio and were indicated on the Carmel tourist map as dog friendly. Unfortunately that means small, lap dogs only. We tied out puppy up on the outside of the patio, got a table and ordered our meal. The specialty of the house is Eggs Benedict served several different ways. We ordered one dish to share and swapped the potatoes for a fruit salad. Even so, I thought the portions were enormous so this is a good place to go if you have a really big appetite. The hollandaise sauce was unfortunately tasteless and smothered the eggs, ham and muffins. This is a cash only place and I thought $30 plus tip for what we got was not a good value. The service is friendly and prompt so if you are dog-less and really hungry you might really like this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
“With three you have eggs Benedict”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Breakfast and lunch was never so easy. Husband and pooch in tow lead us to a house of large gooey warm cinnamon rolls and every possible combination of eggs Benedict possible. Lobster, crab, salmon, spinach and traditional ham to name a few. Country fried spuds on the plate, cottage cheese and fruit on the side ' to die for girlfriend'. Hot chocolates has whipped cream to the sky, and if you are real lucky, the hostess will bring bacon for fido. Bring CASH and come early or later or expect to wait in the scattered Carmel sun breaks and sip complementary coffee. They even have little water pump games for little fingers when they finally get to the table. Ps the steak is also tasty. Oh fido sits outside only and it can be chilly....it is Carmel folks.

• Visited May 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Long wait, great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was a long wait but it was worth it. Also a little pricy for breakfast but I had wonderful French toast with cinnamon on top, so very yum.

• Visited June 2013