“Fortunate last minute local recommendation”

Forge in the Forest Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Transit: MST stops on Junipero Ave, half block from restaurant
Raleigh NC
“Fortunate last minute local recommendation”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wandering around Carmel looking for a nice dinner after a day of tour Cali coast, a local recommended the Forge. We enjoyed it tremendously. We chose to share appetizers and the servers recommendations were terrific. Good quality draft and drinks.

Sho715
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I dined at Forge in the Forest three months ago the night before our wedding and were delighted with our food and the wonderful patio. The heat lamps and fire kept us warm and the food was delicious. We returned two nights ago and again had a wonderful experience. Dylan, the host, was EXTREMELY helpful and kind and offered us several different tables. Overall, was a great way to celebrate our 3 month wedding anniversary.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Pleasant Outdoor Space”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I want to start review that when I ate here I was part of a large group (30 people), so my experience may not be the same as an individual experience.
Our group was seated in the basement in a pretty bland room banquet room. However I did walk around the restaurant. It was beautiful day and the patio seemed to be the best place to sit. There were fresh flowers in bloom and a nice outdoor fireplace. It looked like the outside space was kept up and looked inviting. I did find the bar area to be a little dark, but maybe on a cold rainy night this might be a good place to be. The bar area does have an old forge, interesting, but not my cup of tea.
Our menu was picked for us by our group leader. We had a chicken sandwich and fries. It was pretty good. The bread was fresh and the meat tender and it was loaded with fresh produce. If I was coming back here I might even order this sandwich myself.
Waiting on 30 hungry travelers is not an easy task and I thought the staff did an excellent job handling our requests and keeping the food coming quickly. I assume that if you ate here alone you would have as good or even better service. They wait staff did a very good job.
My favorite part of the meal was the chocolate sundae that was delivered at the end of the meal. I am not sure what type of ice cream they serve, but it was delicious! Again this is something that I would order again if it's on their main menu, it was remediable.
I was really happy with the quality of food here and the attentive, hard working wait staff. I would like to come back and try it with my family or a normal sized group.

Granite Bay, California
“The Forge is a Great Place for Lunch in Carmel Village”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In town for The Quail Motorcycle Gathering 2013 edition, where I was showing a couple of my restored 1970 Hondas (took First Place in Superbike Division with my CB750 K0) we decided to walk through Carmel Village, which we always find charming for its ambiance and restaurant quality. The Forge is no exception, as we were walking by, we were attracted by the brick patio surrounded by high walls covered with ivy, and the nice brick fireplace that offered us some warmth from the early May chilly winds. There were also many gas heaters place around the patio to give warmth to those away from the fireplace. You can also sip a drink in the chairs that surround the fireplace.

All in all, this restaurant was a very pleasant experience, and we will be sure to return to what is a very romantic and charming place in one of our favorite towns in the entire world. The food is very good, and the service is impeccable. No fewer than three different waiters assisted us during the meal, and we felt very well cared for as if we were special guests. It's always nice to find a new experience when you're in a town you've visited many times before, and The Forge has moved to the top of our list to visit again when in Carmel. Dogs are a welcome diversion, as we sorely miss our two poodles when we travel away from home without them.

1 Thank porsche74s
Fremont, California
“Fun in the Forest”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We returned to this place after discovering it last year because of the beautiful setting and also because they are so accommodating for our doggies. They even have a special doggy menu. We ordered them some chicken and my dog went crazy. He thought it was the best ever. Oh, and our food was really good too!

Visited April 2013