“Thanksgiving 2013”

Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We dined at Mission Ranch for Thanksgiving lunch. The food was just "okay" but the service was horrendous (maybe because of the holiday)? The menu was prix fixe and we, as other tables around us had to ask for missing items that were supposed to be part of the menu. Generally, the food was cold and nothing special. Moreover, I booked the reservation in advance through Opentable.com. Mission Ranch reported that we stood them up by not canceling the reservation (risking my membership to the service), which was eventually worked out in my favor. I had to respond to opentable.com to prove we did in fact dine at the restaurant and that the error was on Mission Ranch's side. The desserts were set up as help yourself and were stationed in a hallway (what I believe) led to the restroom. Not very pleasant. Perhaps they were off because of the holiday - there were a lot of people standing around - but not much attention to guests. In any event - I would not recommend booking for a holiday meal.

1  Thank Srain66

Reviewed January 25, 2014

great cocktails on the patio, food was very good, wait staff were all very nice and professional, loved the piano bar and ambiance; would return anytime I am back in Carmel

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Where else can you be at Clint east woods place watching the sheep in the setting sun with the ocean in the background? Food and service was great. Hint- get there early it gets crowded. Plus you get the whole experience that way. The beat salad, amazing. The filet melted in my mouth, buttery good.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great spot if you are visiting Carmel. We were told to visit Mission Ranch during/right before the sunset (which we missed). food is great, generous wine pours, fun vibe. We will go back before the sun sets next time so we can see what everyone is talking about.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The restaurant does not take reservations and in a busier season, I would imagine the folks line up to eat there. We liked it so much, we ate there 2 nights in a row. Had the prime rib and we asked for no bread and so they brought a veggie tray. Sunset was amazing!