“Yummy Oysters on the Half Shell”
Review of A W Shucks

A W Shucks
Ranked #11 of 158 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bay Area, CA
“Yummy Oysters on the Half Shell”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We found this restaurant during an evening stroll in Carmel. The atmosphere seemed fun. After sitting at the bar and enjoying some cocktails my friends and I decided to have a go with eh oysters, DELICIOUS!!! Overall lots of fun! I wuld highly recommend to others!!!

• Slovak first
Bay Area, California
“Great fish and chips!”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We had read reviews about Aw Shucks and thought we'd try it out because it sounded like the food was good, especially the clam chowder. I ordered that and a salad and my husband ordered the fish and chips and all was very good. the fish was really light, not heavy, and perfectly cooked. Of course they served it with all the accoutrements (malt vinegar, etc.) We sat at the oyster bar because the only available table was in the far back corner. The guy working that bar was working his A$$ off. Not only was he shucking oysters and cooking food, he was taking drink and food orders for everyone sitting at the bar (maybe 8 people). One of the waitresses surely did not appreciate how hard he was working and kept barking at him; unfortunately I was sitting right next to the service bar so got an earful. I had to ask her for water and she asked if I had "been a good girl". (Normally this might have been funny but after seeing her in action I didn't think she was saying it with love, if you know what I mean). However, overall it was great though, so I wouldn't hold that against them.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Find”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We have walked by this restaurant many times without seeing it. We are so glad that we finally discovered it. They have excellent fresh oysters, fish, sandwiches, salads. It is all the best at a great price, very casual. Happy hour 3-6pm. We were in Carmel 4 days and ate lunch here twice. You will like it.

Texas
“Fun local place to grab a beer & a bite”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

The drinks are wonderful! They have a Raspberry drink that is divine. Owner Michelle was very friendly and personable to our party. Their french fries are outstanding steak fry style! OYSTERS were out of this world. Fun place to hang with friends and family.

Tampa
“Friendly place have a drink.”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

After walking the streets of Carmel by the Sea, it was nice to sit and have a few cold beers. My wife and I were done shopping so we decided to take a break. This resturant appears to draw the tourists and locals alike. The bar staff was very friendly and informative with our questions.
Although we didnt eat, the food also looked and smell good. Would definately stop by again.