“Bloody Marys, Oysters, Rose Chowder...what could be better?”
Review of A W Shucks

A W Shucks
Ranked #10 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Pittsburgh PA
“Bloody Marys, Oysters, Rose Chowder...what could be better?”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have taken to eating at least once at AW Shucks whenever I'm in Carmel, and I'm never disappointed. Whether at the bar or a table, the service is efficient. I see the bartenders making all kinds of great-looking drinks, but I can't seem to stop ordering their Bloody Mary, and am never disappointed. Their seafood appetizer plate is easily enough for 2 with the addition of their incredibly wonderful rose clam chowder...a "gotta try" on their menu.

Visited August 2013

Tucson
“Great place”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Best Crab Louie salad ever in quantity & quality of crab delicious. Excellent service and bar. Will go back whenever I am in Carmel. Located on Ocean Ave with all the shops so great place to stop for lunch.

• Visited August 2013
Carmel, California
“More than an oyster bar”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

1. Great bar with an incredible array of spirits.
2. One of the best burgers in town.
3. Great fish & chips.
4. And of course, oysters!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JonSCalifornia
“More than just an oyster bar”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The bell hop in our hotel suggested a few places to eat and said 'Shuck's is more than just an oyster bar'. My kids thought it was a hilarious line, but it worked and we remembered, so when we walked past we decided to pop in. We tried a selection of dishes, crab cakes, clam chowder, a sandwich and they were all very good. The service was attentive, as the bar is reasonably small. The price was reasonable for the location. Oddly enough none of us tried the oysters.

Visited August 2013
Livermore, CA
“Odd reason for 5 stars”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The first weekend in August my wife and I were roaming around Carmel. Something we do regularly. It was lunch so we added our name to the wait list, because we wanted to try something other than our old haunts.
There on the menu was A TOASTED CHEESE SANDWICH. For someone in Carmel to be that grounded to put that on a menu, it has to be a first. It was a delicious dose of comfort. Toasted to perfection with gobs of cheese and well buttered. The french fries topped it. The quantity matched the quality. The reposado marguerita was great as was my wife's Long Island tea. Atmosphere was of a busy pub, with a good mixture of clientele. Clean, friendly, efficient, and the prices were good too. We'll come back when in need of comfort this fall.

• Visited August 2013