“Casual Convenient and Delicious”
Review of Cafe Stravaganza

Cafe Stravaganza
Ranked #81 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great place for a nice lunch while at the Crossroads Shopping Center in Carmel. Always great Italian Food. Love their dipping oils and herbs.
Friendly service.

1  Thank Wannabinhawaii

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by with kids to have breakfast on our way out of town. Portions are good size and everything was cooked well. Service was good. My husband swears they have the best pancakes he has ever had.

1  Thank aleve100
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were down in the Monterey area for a few days, and did a lot of walking around the things in town. One day, we went on the 17 Mile Drive at Pebble Beach and decided to explore more.

We started down Highway 1 South and got to Carmel. Explored around, and then found the Mission Carmel. Made the visit there, and as we were leaving; we asked the Cashier in the Gift Shop at the Mission for a good place for lunch. She suggested Cafe Stravaganza. This is located in a shopping center. The outside of it is really nice with a patio. We went in and was seated and handed a huge menu.

After scanning the selection, my wife decided on the Meatball Sandwich, while I went for the Lamb Burger. Wow, the food came out shortly and what beautiful arrangement for lunch sandwiches. My first bite into the Lamb Burger told me I had made the right decision. Wonderful burger with all the trimming with fruit chutney. My wife's Meatball Sandwich left her with the same impression, wonderful choice.

If you are going to be in Carmel, this is a Number One place to have breakfast or lunch.

Can't wait to go back to Carmel and visit Cafe Stravaganza.

2  Thank kayeandsid
Reviewed March 5, 2013

You cannot go wrong with the chef specials on the chalkboard! WOW.
I ordered the kabob plate and my husband ordered the chicken apple salad with a cup of soup. The dressing on the salad was sweet with just the right amount of seasoning on the chicken. My kabob was truly authentic with delicious basmati rice and a grilled tomato. My 1 year old was treated kindly and we were very welcome as a family here. That is not easy to find in Carmel!!! My son had some perfect grilled salmon and steamed vegetables. Though this wasn't on the menu, they made it for us! We were happy to order something with adult prices at this level of quality since he ate it all!

1  Thank Mama G
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I was driving through, made a random stop for lunch. Very pleasant, fine service. The owner came by to chat. Had the chicken kabob. Excellent. Skewered chicken, rice, chopped salad, home made yogurt, flat bread and a drink. Very tasty. Good value.

I'd come back tommorow except it is a 200 mile drive.

1  Thank K6KN