“Not much to rave about”

From Scratch Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 156 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the LOWER level of the Barnyard Shopping Village - below Bay Bikes. The back stairs face Highway One. Since 1977, this charming, family owned restaurant has been serving breakfast and lunch made from the freshest of ingredients lovingly prepared by an expert chef. From Eggs Benedict to made-to-order omelettes to the best Huevos Rancheros around, it's impossible to beat their award-winning breakfasts. The restaurant is available for private parties in the evening. Enjoy your meal inside next to the fireplace or outside on remodeled patio. Pet friendly! We hope to see you soon. Come check out our new Burger Menu!
“Not much to rave about”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I saw the good reviews and took a chance..not a good move on my part. We had the worst waitress ever. The only thing nice I can say is that the food was mediocre and the waitress was friendly..super slow and confused but friendly..steer clear.

Midwest
“Just OK”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

After reading the glowing reviews about breakfast we decided to try it on a Saturday morning. I thought the Carmel omelet was a bit overdone in that it was way too dry. I prefer my omelettes fluffier. It was enough for two meals but reheating it only made it drier. I also thought the biscuit was dry. I did like the potatoes though. My spouse had one pancake and it filled the plate. He said it was very good. The server was friendly but was trying to train a new employee which was taking up a lot of her time. It's a small area for the employees to navigate in the work area behind the counter so it must be difficult to keep things flowing at a comfortable pace but it seemed like a happy "family" of employees.

Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA
“Best Breakfast in Carmel Valley”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Wonderful cheese biscuits. Good portions. Good service. A little hard to find. Indoor a bit close, & outdoor dog friendly. Go here multiple times a year.

Visited December 2012
Livermore, California
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This restaurant is a hidden jewel. When we sat down we noticed everyone's meal around us looked fresh, homemade, and plentiful. My wife and I ordered different things so we could share. Everything we had was great and would highly recommend this place to anyone willing to listen. Try the cheddar biscuit!
Get there early as this place fills up quickly.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent omelets and cheese biscuits!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Come for the cheese biscuits, stay for the omelettes. Choose your own ingredients - super! The cheese biscuits are excellent. While one of our party said these were not as good as Red Lobster's, these are still very, very good. Potatoes are ok - good, not great. The service was very good. Reading some of the recent reviews, we were a little concerned but very friendly staff. No coffee refills were offered. I'm sure they would have provided these if asked but this did agree with other reviewers. Also, one order was slightly incorrect in that the cheese was forgotten from the burger. This was quickly fixed so we did not hold it against them. Still highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013