“Great breakfast, friendly staff”

From Scratch Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in the LOWER level of the Barnyard Shopping Village - below Bay Bikes. The back stairs face Highway One. Since 1977, this charming, family owned restaurant has been serving breakfast and lunch made from the freshest of ingredients lovingly prepared by an expert chef. From Eggs Benedict to made-to-order omelettes to the best Huevos Rancheros around, it's impossible to beat their award-winning breakfasts. The restaurant is available for private parties in the evening. Enjoy your meal inside next to the fireplace or outside on remodeled patio. Pet friendly! We hope to see you soon. Come check out our new Burger Menu!
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The restaurant was walking distance to the hotel we were staying at. We were able to be seated quickly and the rest of the tables filled shortly thereafter. The menu offers the typical breakfast / brunch items with a few specialities thrown in. The staff was friendly and attentive and were happy to make recommendations.

The portions were large, tasty and more than enough. The one item that I would like to see changed is offering real maple syrup, even for a slight up charge, it would really enhance the Pancakes.

2  Thank Oak01

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a a lovely lunch here. Wraps and soups large and very filling and reasonably priced. Quiche was fresh and a large portion. Service was good and staff very friendly. Would recommend this restaurant for a good filling lunch.

2  Thank mouse1one
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Had the pebble beach omelette which consists of eggs, swiss cheese, green onions, and super fresh crab. Wonderful. Highly recommended. Service was strange. Tons of tables and people waiting. Appeared to be adequately staffed but our waitress was weird. Would not look directly at you when speaking instead kept looking around the restaurant. Very awkward. Other than that awesome experience.

2  Thank kangatoo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Found this on the internet when I was looking for a good lunch spot in Carmel. The restaurant was hard to find in the Barnyard Shopping Village, but so glad we did. While we waited to be seated, someone walked up and claimed the last outdoor table. Found out it was self seating, so take a seat where you want. It did take a while to get waited on which was surprising because the inside tables were almost empty, but I am glad we waited.
I had the crust less quiche which was wonderful and a salad with one of the house dressings. Everyone else in my party of four loved their meals. Wish we had been staying locally because I could not eat all of my meal and would have loved to take my leftovers with me.

2  Thank cathyinwv
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had been seeing numerous advertisements for this restaurant and decided to do something new for Sunday Brunch. First of all, when we arrived we were handed our menus and pointed to our table. At first I was like, OK, not a big deal. It became a part of the bigger picture. Once we sat ourselves, it took awhile for the waitress to show up. She offered coffee and water and we postponed ordering because we had not decided. BIG mistake. It was awhile before she returned and the water never showed up. Waitress was nice enough but the food took forever to arrive. When it arrived it was warm and not hot. The cheddar biscuit which sounded so good was under cooked and not browned. The potatoes were good and the salmon benedict was good but not hot. I felt the quality of the food did not match the quality of the food, definitely not the service. I felt I was paying to eat in the Carmel Barnyard with overpriced food with poor service. I definitely will not return or recommend it. There are too many GREAT breakfast places to go instead.

2  Thank RMarshall2