New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Just OK for me...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grasing's

Grasing's
Reserve with OpenTable
Grasing's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 153 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sixth & Mission
Description: Grasing’s, located in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea, lies along the Pacific Coast in Central California in Monterey County. It is 120 miles south of San Francisco, 70 miles south of San Jose and 350 miles north of Los Angeles. Celebrity chef partners, Kurt Grasing and Narsai David, truly created a gem. Fancifully designed in warm hues and modern art work, Grasing’s sets the stage for entertaining that is at once festive and intimate. From friendly and professional service, an award winning wine list and seasonally inspired cocktails to the fresh and sustainable local ingredients are only a few reasons why Grasing’s still receives rave reviews from the press. Just recently, Grasing’s was awarded “Restaurant of the Year” and “Business of the Year” by the Carmel Business Association. Chef Grasing was also honored recently by the American Culinary Federation and received an award for “Chef of the Year”.
Michigan
“Just OK for me...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Found the appetizers and entrees very average with a fairly expensive price tag. The staff was reasonably knowledgable and attentive. A very forgettable meal for me with one exception...THE ALMOND cake. It is highly unlikely that I will return to this restaurant but I could be seduced by that alone.

• 2 of 5 stars

Dallas, Tx
“The best steak in Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We just returned from Carmel where we celebrated my birthday at Grasing's. The food was awesome. I had their special Bone in Filet and it was perfect. Cooked to perfection and very delicious. The staff was great and the atmosphere was wonderful.
It was my first time dining here and we will be back. The Caramel Sundae was really good also.

Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Walking around reading menu's and this place had a sign in the window for "best of Monterey peninsula" so we had to give it a try. It was booked for the evening but we found a table in the bar. Food was DELICIOUS!! Service was great too. Even though most people were very nicely dressed we were still treated well in our hoodies and tennis shoes!!!! Will be going back to try the lunch menu. I recommend reservations!

Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food - Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hostess came to chat as we were reading the menu outside. The menu looked delicious if a little pricey, but we decided to try it hoping the quality of service inside was a reflection of this friendly and helpful hostess. It was! The ambience is warm and classy without being stuffy. The food was great, but the service is what really stood out - professional, knowledgeable, timely and with a smile. I highly recommend Grasing's, especially for couples.

Reno, Nevada
“Great Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We only stopped in for a glass of wine. We ordered the truffle cheddar popcorn. It was so delicious I ate the whole bowl myself. Everyone was so nice I'd like to go there sometime and actually dine.