“Charming,good service, food mixed”

Casanova Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casanova Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 159 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had lunch at Casanova, and sitting in the covered courtyard was very nice. My wife had their special jadori chicken dish which was excellent. I went traditional with the Croque Monsieur which was neither special or excellent..but the frites were good. Skip the sandwich and go with prepared specials.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The restaurant is very charming. The servers are knowledgeable and helpful. The food was DELICIOUS. Four of us ate there. I had the Mount Meadows Lamb Rack. It was very tender and not at all gamey. Everybody enjoyed their meals. They have an amazing wine list. I'd eat there again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Fun casual dining experience. Great food with seasonal flavor. Gnocchi was best ever. Seafood pasta entree was fantastic. Wine list was extensive, but pricey.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am a local so I've been here a few times. Reservations are a must as is the gnocchi! Great wine selection.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went on a recommendation. Glad we did as we very much enjoyed our dinner. The place looks small from the outside but opens up to a number of rooms on the inside. My wife chose Arctic Char in a seafood broth, perfectly cooked (ie. translucent fish in a very light broth) and I had the lamb, again well cooked (ie. pink). We had a local Pinot Grigio which was delightful. All in all a great experience. Not sure about the large tables with groups of tourists from afar, but nevertheless, a lovely meal.