WINNER WONDERLAND

“Charming Patio with Average Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casanova Restaurant

Casanova Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casanova Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 153 Restaurants in Carmel
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kauai, Hawaii
“Charming Patio with Average Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The outdoor sitting area is charming. The service is exceptional. The waiter actually noticed I'm left handed and placed my water glass accordingly. Lovely attention to detail. Food was a big disappointment though. My grilled chicken salad was actually a minced chicken mixed with mayo - such a different experience and pretty awful compared to what I was expecting - a grilled piece of fresh chicken. The cannelloni were ok, honestly I would have been better off buying Amy's frozen dinner and reheating it for $5 vs. the $50 I spent on an appetizer, main dish and tea.

Gold River, CA
“NIce but pricey!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food here is very good, but the average rating comes because the prices were far too high. Before discussing the food, let me say that the staff were excellent and accommodating. We sat outside and had a lovely dinner. My issue, again, is the price. We bought a gnocchi appetizer that was amazingly tasty but cost $12.00. For this, perhaps 6-7 gnocchi were included. We had salmon and my wife had scallops on risotto. The cost of the scallop dinner was $32.00 and came with THREE scallops....3? Are you kidding me? Scallops are expensive in the store, but when you're charging $10.00 per scallop, that's way too much. We also had a bottle of wine chosen from the largest wine list I've ever seen. The less expensive selections are $30 to $35. At the other end of the scale there are wines listed at over $5,000. The total meal, including one dessert and two coffees, was about $150.00.
In summary, we enjoyed the food, but thought the price was too high.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
New York
“Surprised by the amount of varying opinions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here. We had the famous gnocchi, and they were great. I had the cannelloni, and again, very delicious. My husband had corn and ricotta ravioli. Sweet back taste. Very nice. We split a Meyer lemon soufflé. Service was flawless. Hostess was a little cool, but not enough to keep me from going here again. I'm surprised by the amount of negativity. We had a positive experience and will return.

Visited July 2013
San Jose, California, United States
“Charming and romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a special place to have dinner with your sweetie, this is it. There is a very European/old world feel to the restaurant, very quaint and cozy. And the food is excellent. I had the seafood pasta with pesto (pictured), and I enjoyed it all! Do have desert - the lemon sabayon is one of the best deserts I have had anywhere (and this is high praise, I am a chocolate girl).

Visited July 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Old World Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

You think you have arrived at a village house in France both outside and in. Romantic setting and delious gourmet food. Our server had worked here 23 years. He was so attentive to my allergy situation. Presentation and flavor were outstanding.