“A pleasant experience”
Review of Yafa

Yafa
Reserve with OpenTable
Yafa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean cuisine served with love and joy in the beautiful city of Carmel by the sea .
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great place. Off the beaten path of Ocean Avenue, this place is a great value. Very pleasant staff with a conscientious owner who makes a difference. Nice ambiance. Good food. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

If I could give this place a higher rating I would. There food is fantastic but the atmosphere and service are impeccable. You really feel like family and you will leave satisfied, happy and excited to go back and visit with them!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you like Mediterranean Cuisine then please visit Yafa. You will have a pleasant and delightful experience with excellent service and very delicious food. My friend and I had a charming time with no rush. We will certainly go here again and again. It's Carmel, so price is not an issue. Quality is!!! Have a nice time!

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a different kind of food and the concierge told us about this restaurant which is Mediterranean / Greek. As we entered we were greeted by Ben and our server was Steven. They made us feel like they knew us for a long time. I ordered chicken mishmash or something like that which was chicken breast with apricot sauce and I loved it. But my husband's filet Mignon was amazing! The atmosphere was very warm and Ben could entertain too! We really enjoyed being there.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This restaurant was right beside our hotel, the Clarion Collection, and seemed to have reasonable prices, with no waiting, so in we went.

Yafa is located at the corner of 5th street and Junipero. There is a small leger sign on the white building, with blue trimmed bay windows.

Entering the restaurant, we notice the many colored lanterns hanging from the ceiling, among the dimly lighted room. Light green tablecloths with gold patterns, and lighted candles, to add to the ambiance. Wooden paneled floors, with a low tiled patterned ceilings. Middle Eastern music flows in the background.

The owner dressed in a suit, comes around to our table and greets us with friendly neighborly talk. Later the two sons strike up the drums, and ask all the guests to clap to the native Jordanian music. This lasts for only a few minutes, as it is entertaining, but hard on the hands.

We both want to order the $18 Mismish chicken, so I get the $19 Aleppo Kafta Platter instead. The heated bread arrives with an orange, sundried tomatoe fetta cheese spread. I like the bread, but the spread takes some getting used to. I guess it is an acquired taste.

The Mismish chicken is a Moroccan dish and comes with chicken breast sauteed with apricots and almonds, and sidedishes of butternut squash and roasted potatoes. The dish is visually appealing and tastes very sweet, but delicious.

The Aleppo Kafta Platter comes with two ground beef/lamb kabobs, with side dishes of cheese covered vegetable salad and flavored rice. I'm not too keen on the cheese covered vegetable salad -it almost tastes like blue cheese, and would have preferred the vegetable salad without the cheese mixed in. The ground beef/lamb kabobs are delicious and go well with the flavored rice.

For dessert we forgo the dates, and get the decadent chocolate fudge cake, with whipped cream. We get out of there after tip and taxes for $62. We will come back for the mishmish chicken, but will try something else other than the Aleppo Kafta Platter -perhaps the chicken kabobs.

1  Thank robert c