“ridiculously expensive, not worth your money”
Review of Nico

Nico
Ranked #110 of 161 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

i have to admit that the restaurant itself has a romantic atmosphere. but the food is not worth your money. we had one seafood pizza, salad with goatcheese and a bottle of the cheapest red wine (pinot noir for > 40 dollars!!!) and paid 108 dollars!!!!
i am willing to pay high prices for high quality but this was just ridiculous. no spices on the pizza, the dough itself reminded me of deep-frozen pizzas i ate thousands of them when i was on college.
also the wine list is far too expensive!
and: a tip of more than 20 percent was added to the bill automatically. for whatever reason.
just avoid this place!!!

There are newer reviews for Nico

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The service was terrible from the beginning, the waiter was called Yves he had a really bad attitude, when the bill came we had 20% gratuity included and we were a party of for, so I went to the manager/owner and he immediately took it off but Yves said that because FOREIGNERS usually don't tip, that's why he added the gratuity.
Take notice.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

2 week holiday in California and this was by far the best meal. One of the few restaurants, if not the only one I would have to return to.

1  Thank HertsRwf
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great service and atmosphere. I wanted sand dabs so did a search for "best sand dabs, Carmel"
Was not disappointed. I couldn't decide between piccata and romanesca so was offered a combo. YUM! The bread is wonderful and the sun-dried tomato dipping sauce was beyond description. We also ordered roasted garlic and pear/arugula salad. Everything was so good I was almost too full to enjoy the main course....but I did anyway! My friend had the spinach pasta and did not care for it but since I didn't try it I can't comment. We both agreed the service and everything else was superb and would go back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great food, my wife and I always enjoy eating here when we visit Carmel. They serve you a lot of food and they serve you with confidence because of how good the food is. Great place to eat.